Talk

Advanced search

Workwear desperation

(4 Posts)
Laquila Mon 09-Oct-17 22:28:44

I work in a senior management (but not corporate) environment. The big boss wears a lot of Hobbs, LK Bennett etc: another wears slightly more directional Jaeger-type stuff. The worker bees' (like me) aren't quite so formal but the top two women set the tone.

I rotate between slim black trousers with ivory/grey drapey shirts; black sleeveless midi shirtdress; navy culottes with smart short-sleeve top; black opaques with tweedish skirt, black shirt and brogues and the like. Basically I am fairly monochrome, safe and boring. And stuck for ideas!! To be honest I'm not even that's bothered about being more stylish/current - I just don't want to have to think about it in the mornings! I just want a wider roster of reliable, smart outfits that wash fairly well. I have:

Slim black trousers in 7/8 and full
A few drapey shirts/blouses, in various neutrals
Couple of pairs of patterned slim 7/8 trousers
A couple of monochrome skirts
One single brightly-coloured botanical-print top
Smartish jackets in navy and black

Where the heck do I go from here, on a sensible-ish budget (trousers max £60, tops max £50)??

My most-worn items are from Boden, M&S, Gap and ASOS. I'm a 12/14 with fairly big boobs, about 5ft7.

Any help gratefully received!

JoJoSM2 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:53:17

I quite like Zara for work stuff.

blueshoes Mon 09-Oct-17 23:42:07

Any reason you don't wear dresses? I find dresses to be comfortable (no tight waist) and no-brainer in the mornings as I don't have to think about co-ordinating it like I would with separates.

I wear mostly LK Bennett and Boden dresses. It is hard to go wrong with LK Bennett work dresses.

blueshoes Mon 09-Oct-17 23:43:25

You mentioned a sensible budget. Buy in the sales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now