Talk

Advanced search

Eucerin Dry Scalp Shampoo

(8 Posts)
HorlicksBunny Mon 09-Oct-17 21:37:42

I've got eczema and generally sensitive skin. I'm usually quite dry and I think the mild eczema has extended onto my scalp sad

Has anyone tried and got good results from using Eucerin DermoCapillaire Shampoo or the Treatment? It says it's for dry scalps, on their website. I just want my head to stop itching!

I don't fancy rubbing a bowl of coconut oil onto my scalp - different websites give conflicting advice on whether that's effective for treating dry scalps.

Squ1ggle Mon 09-Oct-17 21:54:17

I've just bought some today. I have greasy hair with itchy flaky scalp so I'll let you know how I get on

Therealslimshady1 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:07:35

It's great, my dad and DS use it

It is not for dandruff, mind, for that you need nizoral

But for eczema/sensitive dry skin, Eucerin shampoo is very good. Also good is to not wash hair every day.... hard water can really dry skin out...

Pinkkahori Mon 09-Oct-17 23:04:40

My dd has eczema and very dry skin. She had an extremely dry scalp and the Eucerin shampoo totally cured it. It didn't irritate her very sensitive skin at all.

HorlicksBunny Tue 10-Oct-17 09:39:39

Sounds promising, I'll try it too.

I only wash my hair every 2nd or 3rd day, but we live in a hard water area as well.

What shampoo do you guys recommend for every day use (assuming the Eucerin sorts out the dryness and itchiness immediately)? Or would you suggest that I always stick with the Eucerin shampoo?

Thanks for all the responses.

mintbiscuit Tue 10-Oct-17 11:53:36

My mum had psoriasis and uses both which help a lot. Essentual have a 30% off Eucerin brand this month. Sometimes boots have offers too.

Squ1ggle Tue 10-Oct-17 14:42:51

Well I've used it this morning and so far so good. I was worried that it would weigh my hair down as it's very fibe but it hasn't. So far my scalp hasn't been too itchy but it's often day 2 or 3 that's worse so I'll report in again in a day or 2

HorlicksBunny Tue 10-Oct-17 15:15:53

Thanks for reporting back @Squ1ggle

And thanks @mintbiscuit for the pointer to 1/3 off, I've just placed my order (as well as for some other unnecessary stuff blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now