Advanced search

Hairstory New Wash

(5 Posts)
ForumUsername Mon 09-Oct-17 16:59:49

Anyone used this? Looking for people who have to find out if I’m doing it wrong or who can let me know if it gets better?!

I’ve been using it a week and find my hair greasy in parts right after washing, like I haven’t rinsed sections
It’s hard to know if it’s rinsed out so not sure if I’m doing it right or my hair needs to get used to it

The rest of my hair seems to be nice and soft and more manageable but random greasy root areas are annoying

It’s expensive so don’t want to give up if there’s hope I just need to persevere

lawn Mon 06-Nov-17 10:40:36

Hmm, I’m having similar problems after a week. How are you getting on now? My hair is dry and brittle on day 1, then greasy on day 2 - I didn’t have either of these problems before! Should I persevere?

KellyjoTobin Tue 07-Nov-17 15:46:35

I really wanted to love it. Stuck with it for ages but made my ends dry and roots greasy....
Have quite long hair which I wash in the shower every day and it was quite a mission working it through and scrubbing like they tell you to. I got to the end of the bottle and thought never again and went back to Redken.
Shame as it sounds brilliant but the reality was that my hair looked worse than ever even after about a month...

ForumUsername Mon 13-Nov-17 11:00:39

I gave up after two weeks

But then went back to it

Managed to get it to not be greasy (washing twice and really really really working it in and rinsing)

Have been using it now for 2 weeks again with better results but My hair hasn’t had an amazing transformation
I’m still having to wash it as often
And TBH it takes a lot longer to use which in the morning when you are running late is rubbish!

I’ll finish the bottle and see how I get on but I’m not holding out any hope

lawn Mon 13-Nov-17 13:45:20

Yeah pretty much same here: it's definitely got better but not the miracle I was hoping for. I don't think it's doing my highlights any good either.

I'll continue with it for the rest of the week but am having my hair coloured again on Sat so will give up after that I reckon - I'll have almost finished the bottle by then anyway as I have been using a lot, as the instructions advise (which makes it hard to rinse but small amounts are impossible to distribute!). Oh well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now