Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bra digging in under armpit

(9 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Mon 09-Oct-17 13:32:42

I remember reading that underwrites digging in was because you're wearing the wrong cut size - is this right?

I need to order another bra (online so can't try before I buy) as this one really hurts and wanted to check before I modify the size I usually order...

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 09-Oct-17 13:33:01

Underwires not underwrites

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 09-Oct-17 13:34:28

I would say it's either wrong size or it needs replacing, So if it's not an old bra it's probably the size.

chocolatespiders Mon 09-Oct-17 14:52:18

Look on boob or bust on how to measure correctly.

MyfatheristheKing Mon 09-Oct-17 14:56:08

Some brands I find this and some I don’t. Bravissimo (if you are that size) own brand the wires are smaller. I don’t know why or how lol when I went in for a fitting a while ago I told the woman I had that problem (I’m very short) and she said try the bravissimo range and a few weeks ago I went in and explained the same and the woman brought me a few but went with the bravissimo one again

MaximumVolume Mon 09-Oct-17 15:00:20

I'd like to get to the bottom of this
I'm halfway through losing 5 years of accumulated pregnancy, small babies & breastfeeding weight (2 kids). Started in earnest mid July, have lost a little over a stone with another stone and a bit to go.

My bras are all suddenly really painful under the arms. Maybe the underwiring is now too long for my ribcage?

I was (stingily) hoping to just wait & buy new bras when I'm at target weight, but now thinning that might not be doable.

Annoying as I always pay a fortune due to a small back/large cup combo.

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Mon 09-Oct-17 15:16:08

I find that styles where the straps are at the very edge of the cup mean the underwires dig in (as my boobs are wider than the distance between the two straps if that makes sense?). So I had a look online asked on MN and bought some elodie bras which have the straps attached further in on the cups. The underwire now sits on the outside of my boob rather than digging in. So could be a boob shape issue?

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 09-Oct-17 15:25:49

Thanks. The bra is a bravissimo own brand. I have another in the same design/different colour that doesn't dig, so I'm thinking it might be a problem with the bra itself.

Looks like it might be worth a trip to the shop in person to be on the safe side.

xqwertyx Mon 09-Oct-17 17:16:34

I can get this with the style of bra and an incorrect fitting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: