Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried the Aveda exfoliating shampoo?

(7 Posts)
FuckingBUTTERbeans Mon 09-Oct-17 13:05:29

I am at the end of my tether with my flaky scalp. It just seems to be getting worse and worse. I have tried various things to sort it out, including some higher end stuff (Philip Kingsley) and going sulfate-free (Jason from Holland and Barrett). I've used shampoos and scalp tonics. I've tried the new scalp scrub from L'Oreal, which is quite effective but it is awkward to apply and a nightmare to rinse out. I have quite an oily scalp so although I sometimes think about maybe using an oil I am loathe to try something that may make my hair more greasy. I washed it last night and I already have huge flakes of skin lifting up sad

coffeekittens Mon 09-Oct-17 13:20:33

Have you tried coal tar shampoo? I used t-gel on mine which sorted the problem out, also found washing my hair more often helps greatly

FuckingBUTTERbeans Mon 09-Oct-17 13:27:54

I've tried T-gel and it didn't work for me, which was a shame as I love the smell of coal tar! Thank you for replying though.

rubybleu Mon 09-Oct-17 15:11:56

Have you tried Nizoral shampoo? Behind the counter at Boots.

FuckingBUTTERbeans Mon 09-Oct-17 15:45:25

I haven't ruby. Did it work for you?

rubybleu Mon 09-Oct-17 17:07:12

Yes. It’s the only thing that helped my flaky scalp. I had to use it fairly often to start with (every second day) but now just use it once a week for maintenance. I also tried Phillip Kingsley, Moogoo, etc before this worked.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 09-Oct-17 17:08:16

L'Oréal selenium anti dandruff shampoo,black bottle with orange lid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now