Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Black jumpsuit help please!

(21 Posts)
UtahGirl12 Mon 09-Oct-17 13:04:14

Gah! just received the Hush Tyler jumpsuit in XL in black and was convinced it was going to be the perfect dress it up/dress it down outfit for my upcoming trip to New York. I could wear it with a biker jacket and Superga's in the day, and dress it up with a long necklace and heels for the night.

Nope. Not going to happen. It arrived really badly creased, ok, so not a deal breaker, but not ideal to be packed in a suitcase. The round neck does nothing for me huge norks, plus the top sleeves are an odd length, like a capped T shirt sleeve, but to the elbows?? It also has a pocket on the bum! Really, who wants to draw attention to their arse in a jersey jumpsuit?

What really bugs me is I tried on their summer black jumpsuit in John Lewis and loved it....and din't bloody buy it! I've been stalking Ebay, and have contacted Customer Services at Hush but don't hold out much hope.

So, can you help me?? I need to source another one, preferably for under about 80 pounds. I'm 5 foot 1, size 16/18, big boobs and hour glass shape with a defined waist, quite good bum but chunky thighs. Like I said ideally want one that is not just for evenings only, but would look good with trainers etc.

Putting my trust in you girls out there...any suggestions??

eleanorofaquitaine Mon 09-Oct-17 16:44:27

Have you looked at Me+Em? Their black jersey jumpsuit is in the sale for £35. I bought it in the summer and it packs well, hangs beautifully and I dressed it up and down. The neckline is flattering for a large bust and sizes 12 upwards are still available.

bananafanana1 Mon 09-Oct-17 16:54:50

La redoute have a few good ones, I’ve just ordered one but it’s not arrived yet

http://m.laredoute.co.uk/ppdp/prod-350044044

purplecorkheart Mon 09-Oct-17 16:57:38

I saw a beautiful one in Monsoon on Saturday in the evening section. I did not try it on to see how it would suit as causal wear.

UtahGirl12 Mon 09-Oct-17 17:10:57

Thank you ladies. I have ordered the Me and Em one. The La Redoute one is beautiful, but maybe not so easy to dress down? Similarly with the Monsoon ones. I have ordered a couple from Debenhams and House of Fraser too, so fingers crossed I have a few parcels arriving in the next few days.....--plus the rose gold Super Ga's I seem to have ordered from Amazon--

CarrieBradshawsScrunchie Mon 09-Oct-17 19:58:59

Baukjen usually have them and their jersey is normally really good/non-creasy.

eleanorofaquitaine Mon 09-Oct-17 21:32:01

Never looked at Baukjen before. I think I will be ordering one of their jumpsuits and a dress that's in the sale.
Hope you find one that works for you, OP! And have an amazing time in New York.

bingohandjob Mon 09-Oct-17 21:42:03

I've got an ASOS wrap jumpsuit which I took a punt on for a summer holiday easy to throw on outfit - it is super flattering and easy to wear. Was about thirty quid. Can't find the exact one online but plenty of plain black jersey type ones still available.

Anlaf Tue 10-Oct-17 10:48:23

oh bugger - was just pottering on here procrastinating before grim work task and now I am convinced I need a jumpsuit and have ordered the Baukjen ones to try.

oops

btw there is mumsnet code MUM217 which gives 15% off and free delivery

UtahGirl12 Tue 10-Oct-17 11:37:27

Haha, sorry Anlaf. I must admit I tried on the Hush jumpsuit to show my DH and DS (17) last night and they both laughed!! Words like "romper suit" were used! The cheek of it! I am convinced it will be the perfect item of clothing! Still awaiting my deliveries....but i think I will check out the Baukjen one again with that money off code....

Anlaf Tue 10-Oct-17 12:41:42

Philistines Utah! We shall look glorious in our jumpsuits and i don't bloody care if not

UtahGirl12 Fri 13-Oct-17 09:54:56

OMG girls, most of my parcels came and I've just spent half an hour trying them on! eleanorofaquitane you little beauty, the Me & Em one was perfect! It was the first one I tried on and I had a feeling it was the one but dutifully tried the rest on, but there was no need. Bargain as well at under 40 pounds! It's a beautifully heavy jersey, a lovely wrap top, and even a little black popper to pop the wrap. I think I may resew that a bit lower to have a hint of a cleavage. It's absolutely fabulous, I know I will wear it with my gold, silver or rose gold Superga's, a big sacrf and a biker jacket in the day, and leave the popper open, a big necklace an heels in the night. I am so please. Can you tell? I now need to look at absolutely everything else on the Me & Em website. Oh and think it needs a belt to go with it too, to define the waist, so I'm off to look at belts online now. Anlaf have your Baukjen ones arrived? I withheld from ordering those as they were just that bit too expensive, but they looked fab! I look glorious and want you to too!

PS I haven't shown the philistine DH or DS2 yet, but I don't feckin care what they say. I love it! Stamps foot!

eleanorofaquitaine Fri 13-Oct-17 11:05:53

Yay! I'm so pleased. I don't bother with the popper as the fabric is very well behaved. If it's any comfort, my DH and DC are brutal about giving feedback and they were v complimentary about it. And yes to a belt it does finish it off.

UtahGirl12 Fri 13-Oct-17 11:16:47

Ooooh, even better, I just went back to the website to look for more things and saw that this jumpsuit was reduced from 119 pounds to 35! I love it even more now! Just ordered 2 belts from Next! I'm so glad it's well behaved eleanor I would hate to have a naughty one! smile

poppym12 Fri 13-Oct-17 12:36:20

I'm a similar size and shape to you op, could I ask which jumpsuit was perfect and did the 16 fit OK?

UtahGirl12 Fri 13-Oct-17 13:06:36

Certainly poppym12 ! It's this one, hope I do the link correctly!

www.meandem.com/wrap-front-jumpsuit-1

Def think it needs a belt with it, but I love the quality. It's actually quite hard to get into, as there is so much lovely drapey jersey material in the top you have to sort of borrow through past it to get to the trousers part, iyswim.

poppym12 Fri 13-Oct-17 15:27:58

That's lovely utah. I fear it may be a bit too narrowly cut for my thunder thighs though. I'm a 16, sometimes 14, apart from the huge thighs which seem to be an 18 these days.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 13-Oct-17 15:54:14

Oh I just wanted to recommend something similar from Esprit, also wrap front. Amazon has it, I have the same in blue and it's very flattering. But for some reason I can't post when I copy the link..
Try searching for Esprit black jumpsuit on amazon, you will see it, item number 997EO1L800

UtahGirl12 Fri 13-Oct-17 18:16:04

Thanks KatharinaRosalie. poppy I too have thighs of a wonderously large proportion but hey, it's black, it's comfy and it makes me feel good!

poppym12 Fri 13-Oct-17 22:38:31

Sounds perfect :-D I might order the 16 and just hope they come up a bit big.

SilentlyScreamingAgain Sat 14-Oct-17 09:37:20

I'm rather sturdy of thigh and while Me&Em stuff doesn't make me look like a gazelle or anything, it's usually well enough cut that it nicely disguises things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now