Talk

Advanced search

Boohoo-any good?

(17 Posts)
GreyWalls Mon 09-Oct-17 08:48:15

I love shopping for clothes online but struggling recently to find what I’m looking for. I’ve seen people on here mention Boohoo as a good place to shop but when I tried them about four years ago it took four weeks for delivery and the clothes looked nothing like they had on the website. I wondered if any mumsnetters had good experiences and could convince me to try again? smile

PugwallsSummer Mon 09-Oct-17 09:07:15

Delivery is much better these days and they often have a free next day delivery offer running. Unfortunately the quality isn't always brilliant and the model photos are not always representative of what you actually receive.

On the plus side, they offer very cheap versions of the most up to date trends - they are often quicker to replicate blogger-type looks than other brands.

I'd put it in the same camp as Primark.

BoredOnMatLeave Mon 09-Oct-17 09:10:03

Agreed with PP about it being the same as Primark. Delivery has always been good for me but quality is poor and bad fit. When I was a 10/12 and had hourglass shape it would be very baggy around the waist and just an awful fit, but that might just be me.

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:12:53

Boohoo is ok
I quite like ASOS too.

feebeemee Mon 09-Oct-17 09:13:18

I've had a few decent items from Boohoo but agree quality can be hit or miss. Next also stock Boohoo online and so you could order from there and use their delivery to store option if delivery is a concern

DanHumphreyIsA Mon 09-Oct-17 09:25:01

Agree quality is a bit hit and miss, but for the price its worth it imo. I've got a light coat that cost £12 and its lasted me 2 years. Washed it loads of times, and wear it throughout the year.
Never had issues with delivery, I actually prefer their delivery service over 'high street' like New Look etc, as there are quicker options.

Always keep an eye on the top of the website though, they regularly have 25% of codes until midnight or similar.

If you're buying jackets or blazers, I'd recommend not getting the absolute cheapest though. The cheapest ones tend to be that thin stetchy 'nyloney' material (sorry not sure what its called!)

Hippadippadation Mon 09-Oct-17 09:32:04

Their sizes are huge and don't try & send anything back. They claimed they didn't receive my return months ago and now I'm fighting them as they are refusing to refund me. You can't speak to anyone either, only message on social media. It's a joke. I'm emailing the CEO.

DeltaG Mon 09-Oct-17 09:48:23

They are good for fashion items as the price is very low and the quality is, as others have mentioned, hit and miss (which isn't really an issue if it'll be out of fashion next season anyway). I wouldn't buy wardrobe staples or shoes from there, but that have some pretty tops and dresses.

chloechloe Mon 09-Oct-17 11:15:57

I've had a look at the website after seeing it recommended on here but wouldn't buy anything as they don't seem to state what any of the items are made of! So I presume it's all polyester tat!

Girlywurly Mon 09-Oct-17 11:37:30

Not great quality, but good prices and delivery.

DeltaG Mon 09-Oct-17 13:10:52

@chole - some items have materials listed but a lot don't. I've had 100% cotton things from there before and also some wool mix jumpers, but more often than not they are polyester or similar. I wouldn't say its all tat though! If you want high fashion pieces then I find them quite good - I really don't want to be spending ££££ on a tulle skirt or a pink faux fur hat for example.

And to be honest, the prices are so low that you can hardly expect top quality materials or finishes.

coffeekittens Mon 09-Oct-17 13:15:54

Shocking quality and nothing like the item pictured. Can get much nicer at places like new look for a similar price imo

bigbin Mon 09-Oct-17 13:19:58

I’ve only ordered two things from them; two simple black t shirt dresses. Arrived next day as promised. Look exactly as they did on the website and wash / wear brilliantly. Couldn’t fault them.

IsadoraQuagmire Mon 09-Oct-17 15:35:36

I've got 2 of these www.boohoo.com/mia-long-sleeve-midi-dress/AZZ41131.html

Super comfortable, pretty style, can be dressed up or down, and don't need ironing. This is the only style I've bought from them, but they fit well (I bought my usual size, 8)

I'm wearing one today, I've had it for at least 2 years and it still looks new. The other I got more recently (99p from eBay, new with tags) and the material was slightly different, not quite as thick. I've worn and washed it once though, and it didn't need ironing either (not needing to be ironed is very important to me when choosing clothes!)

wowfudge Mon 09-Oct-17 16:14:41

I bought a strapless maxi dress from them a couple of years in a viscose mix jersey and I've just bought two t shirts from them. For the price the quality is pretty good and I haven't found the sizing to be as random as Primark's.

GreyWalls Tue 10-Oct-17 07:08:45

Thanks everyone! From some of the comments I might not risk it, I’ll try ASOS instead!

hareagain Thu 12-Oct-17 22:49:39

Oh God, just bought long sleeve midi dress. Panicking now. Will report back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now