Talk

Advanced search

On Saturday I bought a top that I really love and makes me happy

(15 Posts)
christmasunicorn Mon 09-Oct-17 08:06:37

But when I went to hang it in my wardrobe I realised I already own it blush so I now have 2.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who has done this

OuchBollocks Mon 09-Oct-17 08:07:45

gringringrin

Can you return it?

Taffeta Mon 09-Oct-17 08:09:22

On the up side :

It's def the right top for you to choose it twice
You can wear it ALL the time

ohtheholidays Mon 09-Oct-17 08:26:48

Hehe grin

No but on maybe more than one loads of times I've looked at something in a shop and gone to pick it up and said isn't this lovely to turn around to my DH with a big daft grin on his face,"yes it is lovely darling"he says "that's why you bought it a couple of weeks ago" blush confused

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Mon 09-Oct-17 08:28:57

Not exactly but 85% of my tops are variations on the same theme, so may as well be the same top.

Needalifeoverhaul Mon 09-Oct-17 08:32:14

Haha! This made me giggle OP smile I've done it intentionally with somethingI really like but never (yet) without realising!

ShirleyPhallus Mon 09-Oct-17 08:34:25

What's the top?

Footle Mon 09-Oct-17 10:09:57

This is encouraging to read. If you were old, you’d be wondering if this senior moment was a harbinger of doom. Not necessarily, it seems.

abbsisspartacus Mon 09-Oct-17 10:13:32

😂😂I've just done that with a game for my son I was right it is the sort of thing he lives and now I have two

FinallyHere Mon 09-Oct-17 10:32:41

Once i find a top I like, i tend to buy multiples, and multiples of the colours i like.

I know exactly what i like, and wear that. I'm not convinced anyone ever notices in that great a detail what i am wearing to even notice how often I wear the same top. It makes me happy to wear colours and styles that I love. Why wouldn't I? No-one bats an eye at men who wear the same coloured shirt everyday, if they want to.

Do what makes you happy.

spiderlight Mon 09-Oct-17 11:08:03

I discovered qt the end of last winter that I had the same jumper twice and had been merrily washing and wearing both of them in circulation for months without realising. No idea how I managed to end up with two of them!

Pistachiois50pmore Mon 09-Oct-17 11:53:27

Good! If you have two on the go then it will last longer. I have doubles of quite a few hardworking items in my wardrobe.

christmasunicorn Mon 09-Oct-17 15:05:37

spider 😂 I can’t believe you never knew.

Fortunately it’s just a plain black t shirt from primark. I had the same style in short sleeve and loved it so thought I’d buy some long sleeved ones. Tuna out I had already thought of that. Oh well it will get plenty of wear

UsernameInvalid66 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:27:56

I used to have 3 identical black cotton v-neck jumpers from Primark - I wore them almost constantly in autumn and winter. It wasn't unintentional though - I soon realised the first one was so useful I needed more! I think it's absolutely fine for something plain, basic and inexpensive, and it's also pretty sensible to have two of the bottom half of a skirt or trouser suit, since the jacket almost always lasts longer. It would maybe be a bit weird for something like a designer dress - if you had that much money it would be more fun to spend it on two different ones!

FinallyHere Mon 09-Oct-17 17:21:11

Good point Username It would be odd to have duplicates of items that shout 'look at me'. That would be very different to having lots of interchangeable basics. For example, I have lots of identical or almost identical tops, but only one of each scarf. The scarfs do not need to be washed regularly and last a lot longer than the tops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now