Talk

Advanced search

Dying Hair during first trimester

(5 Posts)
Polly1308 Sun 08-Oct-17 23:59:03

Hi everyone, I’ve just discovered I’m pregnant with my first baby (scary stuff....) and am due to have my roots done in a fortnight. Does anyone have experience of some professional advice on this? Is it safe? If not, what alternatives do you use? I can’t face 9 months of grey roots....

elephantoverthehill Mon 09-Oct-17 00:01:11

Congratulations. Your roots will be fine and safe. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Polly1308 Mon 09-Oct-17 00:07:19

Thanks. I’m enjoying that answer, and the attitude!

elephantoverthehill Mon 09-Oct-17 00:12:42

Hey Polly at the grand old of age of 53 with 3 Dcs I can have attitude by the bucketful. I am sure everything will go well for you.

misssmilla1 Mon 09-Oct-17 00:30:04

Yes; I had mine done through pregnancy and asked the advice of the colorist and the hairdresser and both said it was ok.

There's a section on it in the Expecting Better book by Emily Ostler, where she looks at risk factors of stuff like this, caffeine etc in pregnancy and cause and effect

Her research backs up advice that says its ok to do - its difficult to get definitive advice (like lots of things in pregnancy!) as they can't use knowingly pregnant women as test subjects

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now