Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a sweatshirt which won't go bloody bally

(7 Posts)
cocodidit1 Sun 08-Oct-17 23:00:13

I got one last year in Next, thinking ah this will be great to throw on with jeans and be comfortable. But oh no, one fecking wash and it went as bally as fuck. Now I just wear it around the house on the odd day that all my other clothes are in the wash, cos it even went bally inside the cuff which is really annoying..
Where can I buy a nice quality sweatshirt which doesn't cost the earth and suffer this curse of the balls?

CointreauVersial Sun 08-Oct-17 23:54:32

Make sure it's either 100% cotton, or at least a high percentage cotton content.

Cheap ones are often 60%-70% polyester - they feel lovely and soft and first, but then bobble horribly.

CointreauVersial Sun 08-Oct-17 23:54:52

Forgot to say, H&M do quite a good range.

Silverstreaks Mon 09-Oct-17 09:38:20

Agree with Cointreau about the cotton content. Polyester and cotton don't seem to get along in a thick material.
Next time you wash something and it bobbles take it back. If we keep returning poor stuff they might eventually get the message about quality.

Wtfdoicare Mon 09-Oct-17 09:44:02

Just spotted one on Landsend here which I thought looked nice and is a bit different.

mrslebon Mon 09-Oct-17 12:02:36

I love a slogan sweatshirt and have good ones from Mango and Uniqlo, like this one: www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/women-california-memories-long-sleeve-sweat-pullover-403383.html?dwvar_403383_color=COL03&dwvar_403383_size=SMA002&cgid=IDsweatshirts1242

imjessie Mon 09-Oct-17 12:11:06

I have some of the Family store ones which wash well as do jack wills

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now