Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toners and exfoliaters for sensitive skin

(14 Posts)
zippyswife Sun 08-Oct-17 22:53:04

My skin is sensitive and prone to rosacea if I mess too much with it. I use Avene products but want to try an exfoliater and toner to brighten my skin but need something fairly gentle. Any ideas?

MissMogwai Mon 09-Oct-17 07:12:05

Watching with interest as my skin sounds very similar.

LilyMcClellan Mon 09-Oct-17 08:01:14

Paula’s Choice Calm range. Formulated for rosacea. Life-changing.

LilyMcClellan Mon 09-Oct-17 08:06:29

Paula’s Choice Calm range. Formulated for rosacea. Life-changing.

zippyswife Mon 09-Oct-17 09:26:33

Ooh interesting. Never heard of it. Will take a look. Thank you

Peppermeant Mon 09-Oct-17 09:54:32

Ive been using drunk elephant glycolic and love it. PC cheaper though!

Floisme Mon 09-Oct-17 10:08:33

I wouldn't bother. It's not a necessary procedure and there's a real risk of doing your skin far more harm than good. I am speaking from experience.

zippyswife Mon 09-Oct-17 13:25:05

Floisme- do you exfoliate at all? I recently had a facial and seemed all glows afterwards. She said I should be exfoliating. But as you say I’m scared to change what is working.

Floisme Mon 09-Oct-17 13:41:28

I rub my face with a flannel and that's all, Zippy Even if I had 'normal' skin, I'd be very sceptical about all the exfoliating hype. The way I see it, these are dead cells and they're about to drop off anyway. With sensitive skin, I just don't think it's worth the risk and I use as few products as I can.

squiglyline Mon 09-Oct-17 15:02:37

My skin is sensitive especially to new products and I got an exfoliating brush ( one of the electric ones) I got it in Aldi for £9.99 and my skin has been amazing since using it. I wash my face as normal then use the brush with my cleanser on it then use my toner then moisturiser after.
Cleanser and toner I use simple and moisturiser I use Elizabeth Arden day and night cream with spf 15. Also use Elizabeth Arden cerimide once a week x

Desperad0 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:08:19

Mine is dry/sensitive and I use elemis gentle apricot toner and the gentle rose exfoliater

thiskittenbarks Tue 10-Oct-17 05:03:36

Paula's choice is your best bet. Really wonderful products.

angrymummy2018 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:44:31

Maybe just a hot flannel instead of products that will aggravate your skin?

zippyswife Wed 11-Oct-17 09:57:20

Hot flannels tend to aggravate my skin too! I think I’ll leave it alone as floisme suggests!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now