Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can we talk about wrinkles?

(24 Posts)
TheNewMrs Sun 08-Oct-17 21:48:37

How old were you when you noticed your first obvious wrinkle?

I'm 28 and spotted my first forehead wrinkle a couple of days ago, and now it's all I can see every time I look in the mirror grin

What can I do?! I appreciate it might be too late for this monstrosity, but where do I go from here? I cleanse and moisturise twice a day (just with Simple products). My diet is fairly good overall, but I know I should be drinking more water...

Any tips? I'm currently pregnant with our first child so life is only going to get more stressful! And potentially my skin worse!

PisforPeter Sun 08-Oct-17 22:05:58

A little bit of postnatal
Botox will sort that wink

NowtAbout Sun 08-Oct-17 22:12:08

I noticed my first wrinkle at about 27, 28. I'm now midforties. I've begun to notice that the most smiley, happy people I know have some of the best wrinkles. And are the most attractive. The exception are smokers who can look haggard.
Whatever you do don't use botox. I worked in a botox clinic and that is one shit look!

TheNewMrs Sun 08-Oct-17 22:24:39

Botox has actually crossed my mind, but I doubt I'll ever dare go down that route!

I know I'm going to end up many, and hopefully will be able to embrace them in time grin but I can't say I'm not bitterly disappointed - have always been proud of my youthful appearance and looking younger than I am!

Desperad0 Sun 08-Oct-17 22:29:28

I came on to suggest botox- a good nurse will go lightly and that 'refreshed' look is such a confidence boost

plank Sun 08-Oct-17 22:36:08

Newt you’ve obviously worked in some crap clinics. Botox when done right isn’t noticeable just smooths the face. Only advise would be is onl go to a nurse or doc

Flowergarden63 Sun 08-Oct-17 22:42:05

Micro derma facial? Iv been thing about getting this done.

SoleBizzz Sun 08-Oct-17 22:53:20

Mesotherapy and Botox

Flowergarden63 Sun 08-Oct-17 22:58:48

@SoleBizzz how does mesotherapy work?
I need something but nothing to harsh for my mid 30s aging skin.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sun 08-Oct-17 23:25:48

This year. 39. I noticed a hint of forehead wrinkle in the middle of my forehead.

Girlywurly Mon 09-Oct-17 11:53:45

Airgeline. It's really good. Plus it's cheap - I use The Ordinary one, which is about a fiver for 30ml and lasts well as you only apply it on your problem areas.

Works like botox by disrupting the neurotransmitters in the muscles, but obviously subtler in its effects as it's applied topically rather than injected. The manufacturers say that in trials it reduced wrinkles by about 30%. My experience is that, yes, it does.

Girlywurly Mon 09-Oct-17 11:59:40

Another thought - forehead lines can be caused by mineral deficiencies. Could the pregnancy be leaving you a bit nutritionally depleted?

thedevilinablackdress Mon 09-Oct-17 13:11:11

A fringe and spectacles are my best wrinkle beaters 😀

TheNewMrs Mon 09-Oct-17 19:27:22

@Girlywurly possibly? I hadn't thought of that 🤔 do I need to be eating more of the good stuff?

@thedevilinablackdress I used to have a fringe! Would be tempted to have it put back in if the upkeep wasn't such a bugger grin

Thank you all for your input! Even those suggesting needles....

Delatron Mon 09-Oct-17 19:35:46

Definitely not Botox yet.
Lots of water, good skincare regime, regular facials, spf 30+ every day if you don't already...
Good diet helps, so lots of fruit, veg, good fats. Unfortunately sugar is ageing! I haven't managed to give up wine yet, step too far..

heateallthebuns Mon 09-Oct-17 19:37:32

Did you say your forehead? Get a fringe! That's what I did!!

TheNewMrs Mon 09-Oct-17 21:06:27

@Delatron great advice there! I don't wear SPF at all - do I just put it on after my usual moisturiser? Never thought about the effect sugar has either 😕 I am partial to sweet things! Trying to cut down during pregnancy but it's hard not to want a sugar rush when I'm so tired allllll of the time.

Therealslimshady1 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:08:50

Just get a mirror with more flattering light...

At my parents, under the 100Watt glare I had lines in my forehead from age 16!

PartyCrap Mon 09-Oct-17 21:10:21

Had loads of wrinkles , I'm early forties, only thing that helped massively was antioxidants (supplements). Most wrinkles or skin damage get better when removing oxidative stress..... anyway worked for me, I look early 30s now !! wink

Semiskimmed Mon 09-Oct-17 21:15:09

Mine was probably after having my daughter at 31, noticed a grey pube too.
I'm quite good with skincare. I have always used sunscreen and in the last year or so I've upped my game, I follow a group on Facebook called the beauty collective that really helped with skincare advice. I use anti aging serum now which I think helps

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:22:24

Sunblock SPF 50 every single day.

I started at 22 & I'm still getting asked for ID to buy alcohol at 40.

Delatron Mon 09-Oct-17 21:35:20

*@TheNewMrs*, yes just use spf as the final step over moisturiser. If you don't do anything else, do this one thing! It will have the greatest effect, especially if you start now.

angrymummy2018 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:47:46

Noticed mine in my late 20s. Discovered hyaluronic acid in my mid-30s, which has really helped a lot.

Tatiebee Tue 10-Oct-17 21:52:56

Botox is amazing, in in my early 30s and have recently had it for the first time and love the results. I look like I've had a full night's sleep when in reality I haven't slept properly in years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now