Talk

Advanced search

Full length and fabulous....and bright!

(9 Posts)
hidinginthegarden Sun 08-Oct-17 19:26:48

I've been invited to an awards dinner next month where the dress code is full length and fabulous! We've been told that if you wear dark clothes you'll be put at the back in photos - which I don't overly care about but would like to get into the spirit!

I have a purple /red phase 8 maxi dress which I thought might do (it's years old but don't often get the opportunity to wear it). But I'm a curvy size 14-16 and hate my stomach - but boobs are ok.

Keeping to under £75 - please could you help me find any alternative ideas?

MrsLettuce Sun 08-Oct-17 20:37:42

How about this? It's a beautiful colour. There's only a 14 but their sizing is generous AFAIK.

MrsLettuce Sun 08-Oct-17 20:49:26

Champagne? Not exactly bright but not dark/dull either. Only a 16 left.
Red. OTT?

BeardyDog8371 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:53:50

I would go for something with a ruffle around the middle.

T K Maxx usually have some lovely long Christmas dresses.

hidinginthegarden Mon 09-Oct-17 07:37:01

Oh thanks MrsLettuce. I like the green but hate the ruffles on the red ! And not sure about champagne - does it sometimes look as if you aren't wearing anything?!?!
I don't have a big tkMaxx near me but will go and have a look.

MrsLettuce Mon 09-Oct-17 09:59:53

T K maxx is certainly worth a look. Nothing much doing online but you might be lucky in store.

There was a green dress on the HoF site that was halfway between the style of the monsoon dress and the champagne dress. I think it was a teeny bit over budget but maybe worth a look

imjessie Mon 09-Oct-17 10:40:21

Coast have a lovely cobalt blue long dress

hidinginthegarden Tue 10-Oct-17 19:14:05

Thanks Jessie. Coast have some beautiful dresses but they are all significantly over my budget!

imjessie Tue 10-Oct-17 19:25:31

Oh that’s a shame , Debenhams sell them and often so discounts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now