Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you have glowing skin?

(9 Posts)
wanttotry2017 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:12:17

If you do what is your secret? My skin looks old tired and bumpy and I'm only 30. I've never had glowing skin.

bigbin Sun 08-Oct-17 19:34:20

Double cleanse (La Roche Posay then Nip & Fab). Twice a week I do a hot cloth cleanse.

Moisturise with Aveeno

Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser followed by Hourglass Ethereal powder.

I drink three litres of water a day and don’t drink.

bigbin Sun 08-Oct-17 19:35:05

Don’t drink booze, that is grin

Hippadippadation Sun 08-Oct-17 20:09:01

I do. I drink between 1-3l of water a day.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Sun 08-Oct-17 20:14:42

Eat lots of veg, olive oil, avocado. Stay off booze. Always remove your makeup. Exfoliate. Drink lots of water. Sleep. Exercise.

Lozmatoz Sun 08-Oct-17 20:18:38

Apparently I do... I never take my make off until I wash in the shower the next day. I use Clinique face wash and every now and then st ives apricot scrub. Use simple light moisturiser.

CountFosco Sun 08-Oct-17 20:28:45

Apparently I do. I spent a childhood in the far north and didn't have a foreign holiday until I was an adult so don't have a lot of sun damage (rarely go abroad now). That is the biggest factor, everyone at home has lovely skin thanks to the lack of sun.

Don't smoke. I have 2 colleagues in their early 60s, the one who smoked has deep lines on her face and looks much older than the other.

Sleep lots. My skin looks much worse on the mornings after a disturbed sleep. Alcohol also makes my skin look worse

Eat lots of fruit and veg and do lots of exercise to get the blood flowing. Don't be overweight but don't have too low a BMI either. Don't pretend your fat is muscle, unless you are a male Olympic weightlifter or shotputter it's unlikely you have enough muscle mass to go into the overweight category.

Moisturiser. DS has eczema and if a cream doesn't agree with him I use it. His creams are far nicer than any expensive moisturiser, I don't think spending lots of money on serum or moisturiser actually is worthwhile. Use a moisturiser with UV protection.

Bratsandtwats Sun 08-Oct-17 20:35:31

Nip and Fab pads, or Pixie lotion or Alpha H Liquid Gold.

BillywigSting Sun 08-Oct-17 20:41:00

I don't have good skin, in fact I have adult eczema and acne (thanks for that one dad) but my mum's skin is beautiful.

She's pushing 60 but looks in her forties. She's overweight and used to smoke and tan and drinks more wine than she would care to admit but she has good genes . My granny, her mum, has great skin too.

That being said she also drinks litres and litres of water and has a good diet, and takes good care of her skin, doesn't wear makeup moisturises and cleanses every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now