Talk

Advanced search

Moisturiser for cloggy skin

(12 Posts)
lionsleepstonight Sun 08-Oct-17 16:52:23

My skin is oily and I've never bothered with moisturiser before but as I'm getting older I feel I need too. Most moisturisers seem to clog my pores and cause blackheads, spots or those little white spots. Any recommendations?

lionsleepstonight Sun 08-Oct-17 19:21:26

Bump for the evening traffic.....

AsMuchUseAsAMarzipanDildo Sun 08-Oct-17 19:50:11

I find Ren’s Clearcalm 3 gel moisturiser really good. It comes out like a very lightweight lotion but is meant to rehydrate your skin with gel not oil. It’s never broken me out. Although very pricey £25 it lasts me the best part of a year.

AsMuchUseAsAMarzipanDildo Sun 08-Oct-17 19:54:31

Or £18 here www.allbeauty.com/gb/en/1094942-ren-clean-skincare-face-clear-calm-3-replenishing-gel-cream-for-blemish-prone-skin-50ml?abref=GoogleShoppingCs&utm_source=%7Badtype%7D&utm_medium=FREE&ref=%7Badtype%7D&¤cy=GBP&country=48&gclid=CjwKCAjwmefOBRBJEiwAf7DstOZHJ0av1LUmX2-UmKyYdSKdvt8VH1OSzgpwfo3JF-K-gKq7cihIABoCNj0QAvD_BwE

LaurieFairyCake Sun 08-Oct-17 21:41:38

You can buy a salmon oil to squirt on any dogs food, apparently it’s great for the skin

Blondie1984 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:57:14

I like the La Roche Posay ones....

CantChoose Sun 08-Oct-17 22:02:17

I came on to see the suggestions but I’m too busy wetting myself laughing at AsMuchUseAsAMarzipanDildo’s user name to write an appropriate post...

AsMuchUseAsAMarzipanDildo Wed 11-Oct-17 14:24:37

Taken off The Thick of It...love a bit of Malcom Tucker’s swearing

endofacentury Wed 11-Oct-17 14:30:09

I use the Liz Earle moisturiser that is suitable for oily skin. I have always had oily T-zone but if I don’t moisturise my forehead can get very dry this time of year so I find this is a good compromise, light but still enough moisturising.
I do find though that a weekly exfoliation and clay mask (I use Liz Earle also) really helps to clear out my skin smile

Cakescakescakes Wed 11-Oct-17 14:31:05

I think you need to exfoliate too probably.

tailspin Wed 11-Oct-17 14:44:37

Cetaphil

lionsleepstonight Thu 12-Oct-17 12:53:27

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I've gone for Liz Earle as they do a great looking tester kit with mini versions of the products and also added a mini clay mask, so I can try them out to see how my skin reacts without investing £££. They also have free delivery today til midnight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now