Talk

Advanced search

Is this conniston white stuff coat warm does anybody know?

(16 Posts)
L0quacious Sun 08-Oct-17 16:37:41

looking for something smart enough to wear to work but warm enough to be properly warm

do you think this Ted Baker one would be warmer

or maybe this Hobbs one is the warmest

I am looking for the warmest coat I can get that looks ok going to work or going out. I don't like putting on a puffa down coat over a smart outfit.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

MrsMarigold Sun 08-Oct-17 18:07:12

I tried on the White Stuff one and it's more of an autumn coat but is not at all fitted so you could easily fit a jumper underneath. It's a bit shapeless and bag lady. Not smart in any way.

Also seen the Hobbs coat in the shop which looks like it is warm, I've had quite a few Hobbs coats before and find them good value for money and the tailoring is good.

I like the Ted Baker one but not sure.

Apileofballyhoo Sun 08-Oct-17 18:17:46

Going by composition I'd say the Ted B is warmest. The first one is only cotton and won't be warm at all. Hard to tell with the others without knowing the weight of the fabric, but generally the more wool, the warmer. I think the Ted Baker looks smartest too.

BikeRunSki Sun 08-Oct-17 18:21:19

The White Stuff one is not that warm. I have one if it’s predescedors. Moleskin is lovely, but not warm enough for a winter coat.

Fakingit36 Sun 08-Oct-17 18:43:20

Have a look at Land's End. I have a very warm long coat from there that's technically a puffer one but has something of a "cut" to it so it doesn't look Michelin man. It's going into its 5th winter- great value.

whitewineandchocolate Sun 08-Oct-17 20:51:42

I've tried the White Stuff one on and also felt it was rather shapeless, agree an Autumn coat. Shame about the checked hood on the Hobbs one and I like the Ted Baker one but it's very expensive!

L0quacious Sun 08-Oct-17 21:11:07

Thanks for insider info on the WS one not being that warm. I suspected that.

The Ted B one my favourite but it is so expensive.

Soyalatteforme Sun 08-Oct-17 21:51:59

I want that TB coat now! I'm buttering my OH up for an early birthday present!

L0quacious Mon 09-Oct-17 23:49:55

I'm still looking for a cheaper one!

Soyalatteforme Tue 10-Oct-17 22:14:21

If you are a student you can get 15% off TB at student beans 😊

Jigsisaw Mon 16-Oct-17 10:35:25

I tried on the TB one yesterday and it is quality. Quilted and beautifully lined. The only thing I didn't like was that the fur on the hood isn't detachable, but if it had been, I would have splashed out because it is almost almost the perfect coat. It is warm, smart, cosy, luxurious, beautifully finished. Why the fur!!!

Mybestusername Tue 24-Oct-17 19:11:43

Thanks to this thread I am now obsessed with the TB coat! It’s currently 20% off on Country Attire website but still a bit £££

I want it though.

Wh1stles Tue 24-Oct-17 19:19:47

I think they've reduced the price now.

Wh1stles Tue 24-Oct-17 19:46:58

Oh sorry, You knew it was reduced. TB had it down to two hundred and somthing last time I looked. Not sure if that was a one day only deal!

Peppermeant Tue 24-Oct-17 22:08:56

Shall have to remember to look in ted baker next time I'm on the look out for a coat. Some of them are really gorgeous!

Mybestusername Wed 25-Oct-17 07:39:24

White Stuff have 20% off coats with code COATS20

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: