Talk

Advanced search

Pasty Winter Face

(13 Posts)
Timefortea99 Sun 08-Oct-17 12:08:52

I need to liven up my face but without going full fake tan. I look really wan.

I used to use a gradual Clarins face tan which was discontinued (grr) - they brought out the drops you mix in with moisturiser which I don't like. I am looking for a subtle glow - any recommendations? I don't like bronzing powders, I prefer a liquidy solution.

lionsleepstonight Sun 08-Oct-17 16:49:15

I was just about to recommend the Clarins drops. I discovered them over the summer and love them.

Timefortea99 Sun 08-Oct-17 17:23:55

How often do you use the drops?

Dustbunny1900 Sun 08-Oct-17 17:41:50

What about adding color via some subtle blush/rosy cheeks ?
Cover fx custom enhancer drops I hear are good. Just add to face cream or foundation
Or nars has a liquid bronzer

fluffypuck Sun 08-Oct-17 17:46:39

Another Clarins drops convert. I use one big drop on alternate days. I'd say it takes makes me look a little bit healthy rather than tanned.

Nettletheelf Sun 08-Oct-17 17:55:34

I find the Clarins drops crap. I use twice as many as recommended and they don't alter the colour of my face much (I am pale too).

I got the James Read facial fake tan in TK Maxx, and that gives a really nice, subtle glow.

lionsleepstonight Sun 08-Oct-17 18:16:44

I use three drops every day till I get to the colour I want then alternate days with one or two drops. Just enough to take away that deathly pale look over winter!

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Sun 08-Oct-17 18:17:53

Another Clarins drops convert this summer. I find them fab.

I use 2 drops every other day.

Timefortea99 Sun 08-Oct-17 18:51:22

Perhaps I will give the drops another go. I notice M & S do a similar version. There used to be rumours that Clarins makes M & S skincare - wonder if they are the same, but cheaper?

AhAgain Sun 08-Oct-17 20:52:37

I use the Clarins drops - probably two every other day (in my moisturiser). I normally look dead in the Winter, so trying to avoid that...

jeaux90 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:14:15

I love the clarins drops! 3 drops every other day for me is perfect for face. Someone on here told me to put it in my serum rather than moisturiser and she was right. It absorbs quicker.

Today though they had run out, the woman told me that the men's version is stronger and has exactly the same ingredients bar one. Apparently you should only use 1 or 2 drops as a women. I'm experimenting with those when this one runs out.

Soyalatteforme Sun 08-Oct-17 21:51:04

I use this: www.boots.com/hylamide-booster-glow-serum-30ml-10193377 Really does the trick. Healthy glow, no orange or streaks.

MandalaYogaTapestry Sun 08-Oct-17 22:27:14

I use Saint Tropez in-shower self-tan. You apply it onto the clean skin and wash it off in 3 minutes (I leave it on for 6). I do it once a week, my face is a nice healthy colour rather than tanned (I am usually very pale).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now