Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Comfy clothes I can leave the house in?

(47 Posts)
upsidedown2017 Sun 08-Oct-17 11:30:46

I'm so sleep deprived and feeling chubby and don't want to get out of my pyjamas. I have such a casual lifestyle (school run, kids activities, at home) and I can't bear to wear jeans anymore. I'm no longer a fan of leggings (colour fade, forever pulling them up like tights).

What can I wear? I just want to be comfy at this stage of my life! When I get more sleep, lose 10 pounds and generally feel better about life I'll ace about being stylish again confused

saoirse31 Sun 08-Oct-17 11:35:03

Mmm track suit bottoms is prob only thing more casual than leggings... Get ones with elasticated waist..

Or, get back into jeans, and decide you'll make effort even before u do weight loss and before u get more regular sleep, you'll prob feel better

Cantseethewoods Sun 08-Oct-17 11:39:14

I love Hush harem pants with a vest. Nice wide waistband, baggy but gathered ankles so don't drag in the dirt.

CiderwithBuda Sun 08-Oct-17 11:51:10

Lots of variations of jersey harem pants in various colours and price brackets if you Google. Next did some great ones but they have slightly changed now - still ok but not quite as good. I have five black pairs and a navy pair. The navy faded badly. However I lived in them last winter.

Rainallday Sun 08-Oct-17 14:10:42

I also love harem pants and really recommend the fatface ones.

upsidedown2017 Sun 08-Oct-17 14:11:23

What shoes with these jogger/harems? Would converse work? Needs a very casual coat over the top too though? I guess a parka would work?

IrritatedUser1960 Sun 08-Oct-17 14:12:58

Same here OP I leave the house in very comfy Cotton Traders tracksuit bottoms, a nice sleevless soft teashirt and a very comfy cardigan. high fashion it isn't but I don't care.

Chestervase1 Sun 08-Oct-17 14:22:07

Jersey dresses. M&S used to do one for £25 but it doesn’t look like they are repeating it this year.

AngelicCurls Sun 08-Oct-17 14:46:38

Would second a dress, I've 3 thin knitted jumper dresses from lidl last year and love in these in autumn with either leggings or thermal footless tights, black socks. New balance trainers for casual, blank ankle boots if I want to be a bit smarter. So comfy but smart enough with very little effort. Am waiting for them to appear in Lidl this year!

CountFosco Sun 08-Oct-17 20:42:06

Maxi skirts. Today I wore a maxi pleated skirt with Chelsea boots and a slouchy jumper. Very comfy but a bit more stylish than jeans.

Agree with dresses generally, in winter with wooly tights and ankle boots, in summer with the flat sandals of your choice. Very easy to wear.

upsidedown2017 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:44:03

@CountFosco - sounds gorgeous that outfit does smile

Ok, need to find some casual dresses. I've just ordered some Chelsea boots actually and have tights so this would be good!

toriah Sun 08-Oct-17 21:06:58

Sainsburys premium leggings are lovely, mine hasn't faded and are soft and comfortable.

upsidedown2017 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:46:55

Are they the £10 ones?

NC4now Sun 08-Oct-17 22:16:42

I love my harem pants. I wear them with a vest, denim jacket and massive blanket scarf. I have ugg type boots that I keep as slippers but if I'm just driving somewhere I'll wear them out too (eg round to a friend's house).

toriah Mon 09-Oct-17 20:51:02

Hi, yes I think they were £10 originally, I got them in the 25% off sale. love them ! smile

chocatoo Tue 10-Oct-17 16:33:50

dresses with footless tights and boots (footless tights don't seem to need quite so much hoiking up as ordinary ones!

Bluebell1981 Tue 10-Oct-17 16:35:14

Mint velvet leggings are the best I've ever had - thick and high waisted, no pulling up needed! I live in them over the winter with tunics and jersey type dresses. So comfy!

CalmanOnSpeeddial Tue 10-Oct-17 16:37:28

Yoga trousers. I'm coming down with a cold and just about to put mine on.

RhiannonOHara Tue 10-Oct-17 16:39:21

Harems can be dressed up a bit, with a smart-casual jacket or a long coat. Still comfy as all get-out though. smile

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 10-Oct-17 16:39:44

I work from home. I have a couple of pairs of stretchy straight leg yoga pants in black and Navy from M&S and half a dozen long sleeve cotton T shirts. Basically I am wearing pyjamas all day, but I look fine with a jacket or coat and a scarf and bag if I need to nip out or even to go out for lunch.

TheFirstMrsDV Tue 10-Oct-17 16:45:07

I have discovered jersey, 'unconstructed' type clothes.
Long loose tops that are cut for comfort.
You can get pricey versions but I buy mine off the market grin
I have several long sleeve and short sleeve in various colours. Some are knee length, some shin length.
I wear them with soft jeggings and a scarf. They go great with converse.
I am not doing a brilliant job describing them. I will see if I can find a picture.

Branleuse Tue 10-Oct-17 16:48:33

Better quality leggings with jersey dresses, skater dresses, tunics and pull on bras. You can sleep in these and then not urgent to get dressed in the morning. I used to do this when I had 2 babies at the same time

DanHumphreyIsA Tue 10-Oct-17 16:49:55

www.newlook.com/uk/womens/clothing/trousers/charcoal-grey-tie-waist-trousers/p/518406403?comp=Browse

I know what you mean, I get sick of jeans and leggings but I have short stumpy legs, so its hard to find any other style but 'skinny' that works.

These trousers are so soft and comfy but still look tailored so I am buying them all now grin (theyre actually full length on me)

TheFirstMrsDV Tue 10-Oct-17 16:51:02

I can't post links for some reason.
I googled long loose women's jersey dresses tops.

I mean the ones with dipped hems rather than the vest type maxi dresses.

TheFirstMrsDV Tue 10-Oct-17 16:52:35

Sainsbury do a range of padded pull on bras bran
They give quite good support and coverage.
I think they are about 6/8 quid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now