Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a really good all round soap free cleanser

(18 Posts)
BumWad Sun 08-Oct-17 10:41:08

That is non drying

I have oily skin with mild/moderate acne however use 2% salicylic acid toner (Paula’s choice) which can be quite drying

I use Clinique take the day off balm to remove make up (I love it!) but want a decent face wash for afterwards

The Paula’s choice clear cleanser is good but a little drying and very very expensive

I hear Dermalogica special cleansing gel is good? (I can get Dermalogica at cost)
What about the Khiels Calendula one?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 08-Oct-17 11:18:26

Isn't a face wash after the balm too drying? I use TBS camomile Balm which is similar but wouldn't use anything after it apart from a tepid flannel. I've always thought if you over cleanse the skin produces more oil to compensate?

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 08-Oct-17 11:35:08

There are some great Korean options eg cosrx good morning, the Sum:37 rose cleansing stick and the Hada Labo cleansers. All seem to have neutralish ph.

BumWad Sun 08-Oct-17 12:35:45

Same I have quite oily skin and like the double cleanse method

The Clinique balm gets rid of the make up but need something to ‘wash’ my face

reallyorange Sun 08-Oct-17 12:43:55

I have oily skin and used to use a foaming cleanser. Switched to an oil cleanser and never looked back! Feels a bit weird putting oil on a dry face but honestly, give it a try. I used DHC Cleansing Oil but the Body Shop Camomile Oil is supposed to be good too.

FanSpamTastic Sun 08-Oct-17 12:44:04

Liz Earle - cleanse and polish. I have very oily skin - always have. I have tried Clinique and various over the years. Liz Earle is the only one that makes my skin feel clean but not tight and red afterwards.

Lelleybells Sun 08-Oct-17 12:44:52

Yep Liz Earle is Fab

DubiousCredentials Sun 08-Oct-17 12:54:07

Honestly the best facial wash I’ve ever used is the £1.29 one from Aldi. It’s soap and fragrance free and doesn’t dry my oily skin at all. I don’t need to use moisturiser after every day for example. I’ve got spot prone skin and it’s the nicest it’s ever been since using this wash. Worth a try for £1.29 grin

Bluesheep8 Sun 08-Oct-17 13:11:28

Another vote for cleanse and polish, my desert island product, seems to suit all skin types and is so gentle

mintmagnummm Sun 08-Oct-17 13:17:42

You definitely need dermalogica ultracalming cleanser! Not special cleansing gel! The ultracalming is my hero product and it can be washed off or removed with a warm flannel or cotton pads, so versatile!

Abijam Sun 08-Oct-17 13:24:04

I got one for my self online and that works really great for my skin atm. The name is Burts Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser.

luckylavender Sun 08-Oct-17 15:52:46

Definitely Liz Earle. I have really problem skin & it's the only thing that's ever worked for me & continues to do so.

ilovewelshrarebit123 Sun 08-Oct-17 15:58:30

Another vote for Liz Early cleanse and polish. I’ve oily skin and this suits me really well.

Puffpaw Sun 08-Oct-17 16:02:09

Liz Earle is too much after ttdo you'll be exfoliating twice with the cloths which is too much. I use toleriane la Roche posay gentle and stops flare ups.

reallyorange Sun 08-Oct-17 16:58:14

Just to be the lone voice - Liz Earle C&P didn't seem to work too well on me. I broke out - can't be sure if it was that but that was the only thing I changed.

Rainbowglow Sun 08-Oct-17 17:45:03

Avene do a soap free foaming mousse. Really lovely.

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 08-Oct-17 19:35:08

Not Liz Earle - too many irritants sad

coraliss Sun 08-Oct-17 19:45:30

I’ve been using this for years. Leaves skin lovely & soft & clean feeling, it lasts ages too as it lathers up well. I have oily skin & it cleans well without over drying. I always end up buying something else for a change but I always go back to this. It’s Avene soapless gel cleanser, Boots have it on 3 for 2 at the moment ..... http://www.boots.com/avene-cleanance-cleansing-gel-200ml-10155054

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now