Talk

Advanced search

Help! HUGE meeting on Thursday!

(10 Posts)
AgathaMystery Sat 07-Oct-17 22:12:03

Oh dear god. I need help.

I'm very excited - i've just been contacted by a huge high street fashion label. They would like to know if I am interested in having a pop up concession in their flag ship London store this Xmas.... confused

Yes. Yes I would.

Problem. They want to meet with me on Thursday. I am not fashionable. I am 5"2, huge boobs, good waist, ridic hourglass shape really. I've no idea what to wear. No idea at all. I'm a 14-16 unfortunately.

I own all the usual classics (tan and black boots, decent jeans, a blazer) but I'm at a loss. I've been out and had a sharp new haircut, had eyebrows shaped and tinted and will get a manicure.

my little business has only been running for 2 months. I'm in shock.

CountFosco Sat 07-Oct-17 22:23:46

COS, ASOS White or John Lewis Kin will be your friend. I'd wear head to toe black (or navy if that is better for you).

mybrainhurtsalot Sun 08-Oct-17 18:47:23

No style ideas, but congratulations on such a fabulous start to your new business.

travailtotravel Sun 08-Oct-17 18:59:00

Second the head to toe single colour. - easiest to pull off at short notice. Statement bag and earrings or necklace in contrast colour. Squueeks of excitement.

IreneDunne Sun 08-Oct-17 20:00:56

It might be politic to wear their brand, or at least give a nod to it. Not head to toe though.

OlennasWimple Sun 08-Oct-17 21:17:02

Wow! Well done you!

What do you feel confident in? If you bought something new, where could you get to, and how much could you spend?

OlennasWimple Sun 08-Oct-17 21:17:53

You should wear something from your business too - consider it a chance to showcase your stuff

AgathaMystery Mon 09-Oct-17 21:25:57

Thanks girls.

I've got a black dress from Kiin at JL - it's a bit like the Hush Tara.

I was going to buy some TS jewellery but it's all a concession not their own stuff - all stocked by an external company.

I def can't wear my product - it's not wearable wink - I will let you all know how it goes. X

AgathaMystery Thu 26-Oct-17 20:06:02

I thought I'd update as I know it wasn't a big thread but I appreciated the replies...

I can't do the pop up - it's too big for me (6 weeks 4 days a week in TopShop Oxford Circus) but it's boosted my confidence and I am going to aim to do it in summer or next Xmas.

I did the costings & needed a small shop building inside the shop + 3 staff + accommodation in central London for 5 nights a week between now & Xmas. It's not doable without leaving my perm job which I can't do right now.

But thank you all & I won't forget your kindness x wink

Lapdog22 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:34:24

I hope it works out for you, well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now