We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hand luggage/Cabin Baggage

(12 Posts)
Itsraininagain Sat 07-Oct-17 21:03:57

Does anyone have something nice? I want a change from the Timberland backpack purchased about 20 years ago! It doesn't need to hold clothes, just odds and sods - book, iPad and other bits.

Any nice links please?

bingohandjob Sat 07-Oct-17 21:07:22

I use my Kanken - it practically zips all the way around so you can get at everything easily when you plonk it on the table in front of you/on your lap and sits nicely under front seat/overhead locker. Mine has padded straps, really comfy.

Itsraininagain Sat 07-Oct-17 21:33:52

Shall have a google ... thank you!

badlydrawncat Sat 07-Oct-17 21:46:18

I have a Kanken too, they're great bags. I also have a Caribee skymaster which is quite a bit bigger and used for weeks or fortnight s away.

43andcounting Sun 08-Oct-17 09:15:29

If you are looking for a smarter version of a backpack I can recommend Knomo bags. Good internal organisation and protection pockets for iPads etc

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 08-Oct-17 09:20:48

I just used a Tripp hold-all - big enough to shove loads in if needed but not structured so not bulky. I also use a travel bag organiser https://m.grouponnz.co.nz/deals/sensual-sale-823 to fit inside to hold all the essentials.

Deploycharitygoats Sun 08-Oct-17 11:51:43

The Eastpak Tranverz range is brilliant. DH was given the small one (42 litres) for Christmas last year and I've spent all year coveting it. I've asked for one myself this year.

Itsraininagain Sun 08-Oct-17 14:50:22

I didn't think there would be so mich choice! Feeling too old for the sporty backpack now - and it feels too casual, definitely need a smarter option. Off for a browse - thank you!

Trills Sun 08-Oct-17 14:52:17

^ It doesn't need to hold clothes, just odds and sods - book, iPad and other bits.^

In this circumstance I just use whatever handbag I am taking with me.

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 08-Oct-17 15:11:15

I am a massive fan of Redoxx but they are us based. You can get CabinMax bags via Amazon which come in loads of designs.

Itsraininagain Sun 08-Oct-17 20:19:20

I like some of those backpacks and have been browsing other bags too. What about a Longchamps Le Piliage? Do they fall into the okay or naff category?

travailtotravel Sun 08-Oct-17 21:53:18

I've used a longchamp for a while. It's super handy and can fit loads in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now