Talk

Advanced search

OK I'm going clothes shopping online tonight

(8 Posts)
plank Sat 07-Oct-17 19:35:03

Mid 30s size 10.

Desperate need for some new clothes. It’s been probably years (kids to blame)

There was a recent thread but can’t find it now on high street brands that had let you down and those that had exceeded expectations.

Got about £300 need mainly tops and some high waisted pants...

Can anyone help

gingerschnapps Sat 07-Oct-17 19:39:39

Missguided do some great properly high waisted trousers. I was weary initially but they've been fantastic. I'd recommend just going on Asos, they have a huge sale at the minute and with next day delivery and free returns, you'll get plenty with that money to overhaul your wardrobe!

plank Sat 07-Oct-17 20:23:35

Thanks ginger just on misguided and finding it abit stressful. Just gone onto tops and they have over 3000!

Jaimx86 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:31:51

I've been shopping on ASOS today. Use the filters so it's not as overwhelming. For example, I knew I wanted a jumper so filtered my size, colours I knew I'd wear, the regular range (not tall/petite etc) and sleeve length. I was then left with about 150 items so ordered them by price to get what I wanted for the best price. Takes a minute or so to filter, but DP just scrolls through the 10000s of clothes and never finds anything; I always do!

CountFosco Sat 07-Oct-17 21:20:28

I think the brand that was consistently good quality was COS. I do like ASOS, the search function is excellent so don't just search for tops, look at the colour and size and you can also search by fabric if you want.

Have a look at some blogs to get an idea of what you like and what is fashionable and enjoy!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 07-Oct-17 21:51:45

Missguided has a shop in Bluewater. DD sometimes wanders through, the stuff in there is vile .

No natural fabrics , no-one light a match.

plank try Uniqlo , bit limited for colours but some really good basics.
I have a couple of Tshirts that are 3 years old.
Nice sleeveless blouses
Jackets
One of those silky feel blouses

I haven't tried the trousers or jeggings (my lower half is M&S or Next clad)

plank Sat 07-Oct-17 22:00:14

Thanks very much. Still scrolling through ASOS but got some nice tops. Will have a look at uniqlo I’ve heard that a few good things about them

silkpyjamasallday Sun 08-Oct-17 19:03:41

Have a look at the premium ranges on zara mango and H&M. Much much better quality than their usual stuff and mostly natural materials. Zara have lots of high waisted trousers and jeans too which in my experience have lasted and washed well.

If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed have a look on Pinterest and Instagram for some outfit inspiration, always saves me going off piste and buying crap I'll never wear looks at full length crimson silk ball gown that was too pretty to turn down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now