Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Langham Hotel

(9 Posts)
Nifflerbowtruckle Sat 07-Oct-17 12:45:16

My husband and I are going to stay at the Langham hotel next weekend. It’s a gift that we have been bought because my husband has been diagnosed as terminal (cancer). I was wondering if there is some sort of dress code? He usually wears joggers since they are comfier but I can get a couple of bigger pairs of jeans. Does anyone know what would be best?

CantChoose Sat 07-Oct-17 13:07:16

Ive been a few times but not to stay. Are you eating in the restaurant?
Going through the lobby etc you can wear what you want anyway. Most people are reasonably smartly dressed but they aren’t going to turn you away!
The restaurant is quite smart, M&S do lots of elasticated waist trousers which could still look smart with a shirt, I’d consider having a look there.
ITs lovely, I’m sure you’ll enjoy smile

CantChoose Sat 07-Oct-17 13:08:52

Oh, the bar there is amazing too.

Nifflerbowtruckle Sat 07-Oct-17 13:09:40

We have bed & breakfast so will be using the restaurant in the morning. It’s been arranged for us so aside from the little bits I’ve seen online I’m not sure what to expect. I’ll have a look at the trousers in m&s thank you.

Loraline Sat 07-Oct-17 13:20:14

I don't think breakfast is served in the restaurant. It's in the space where afternoon tea is. Used be to be called the Palm Court but don't think it is now. It's less dressed up than the restaurant.

That said if you can, do the afternoon tea. It's fab.

Bombardier25966 Sat 07-Oct-17 13:28:09

Drop the hotel a message, I'm sure if they understand the circumstances they'll be flexible with any dress code. If your husband doesn't feel comfortable or up to going to breakfast you could have it by room service?

I hope you both have a lovely stay.

Bombardier25966 Sat 07-Oct-17 13:32:02

Their email is tllon.info@langhamhotels.com

Nifflerbowtruckle Sat 07-Oct-17 13:48:17

Thank you for the information. I’ll get in touch with the hotel and take our smartest clothes.

CantChoose Sat 07-Oct-17 16:18:11

bombardier clearly has the most sensible option there.
Hopefully they will make it extra special for you too, under the circumstances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now