Talk

Advanced search

Best heated rollers?

(8 Posts)
ShyOyster Sat 07-Oct-17 07:39:31

I have shoulder length messy-straight hair. I say messy-straight because it's definitely not wavy but not nice and straight either. It needs lots work to look vaguely acceptable. I spend 7-8 minutes drying it and then 15-20 tidying up with the babyliss rotating brush thing. All I'm after is a bit of a tidy shape and volume. It occured to me that heated rollers could be a solution.
Which ones do you use and how long does the whole process take?

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Sat 07-Oct-17 08:05:03

I use these

I let them heat up when I’m drying my hair - though they only take a couple of minutes to heat - and it takes me 3-4min to put them in. I leave them in whilst I do my make-up/faff around and then a minute to take them out.

I only need to leave them in for 5 mins for them to work though if I don’t leave them in for very long I always blast with cold air from the hairdryer before removing.

Longhairmightcare Sat 07-Oct-17 08:11:28

I use those one too. Even just throwing them in v haphazardly for a short time makes a big difference. And after putting them in 'properly' .i.e slowly and carefully it looks like I've been to the hairdressers.

astoundedgoat Sat 07-Oct-17 08:18:50

I have these too - must start using them again!

ShyOyster Sat 07-Oct-17 08:32:39

Thank you! I like the fact that they are quick to use. And the price, I like the price too!

Piccolino2 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:37:06

This is a great idea. I have mid length fine straight hair. My mum used to use heated rollers but she had fab thick hair. I wonder if this could be the answer I'm looking for?? Off to YouTube!

Longhairmightcare Sat 07-Oct-17 15:49:40

My mum (same hair type as me) told me rollers were the best things for my hair when I was 15. I very stupidly chose to scoff and ignore her thinking Nora batty or 80s perms. Only 15years later did I actually buy a set. You can actually see in photos a clear difference in the time period 'Before Rollers' (BR) and 'After Rollers' (AR)

ShyOyster Sat 07-Oct-17 20:23:59

I just ordered the Babyliss ones recommended by pp. Picking up tomorrow. Can’t wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now