Talk

Advanced search

Lush caca brun henna anyone done it?

(3 Posts)
TheGrumpySquirrel Fri 06-Oct-17 22:06:40

Thinking of going back to brown all over (I have some blonde balayage on otherwise mostly medium/dark brunette hair). Has anyone used the Lush brown henna on coloured/highlighted hair? Have googled and looks promising. I have some greys too..

chanie44 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:45:52

There are a couple of posts about this, so try searching for them.

I used henna and regret even though the henna itself was fine.

I wanted to try henna as I have a tiny amount of greys around my ears. I did everything I could I cover the hairs with the henna, but it just wouldn't take to all of it very well.

About 2 months after stopping, I went to the hairdressers to dye my hair and the results were patchy due to the henna. This is common with henna. Essentially, I'll have to grow the henna out.

papersmile Sat 07-Oct-17 07:44:20

I used henna for about a year as I was getting a reaction to hairdye.

The positives are that it's great for your hair, and your hair looks really healthy and shiny. The colour is lovely too. You don't get any stinging on your scalp and there's no horrible chemicals in it.

The downside to henna is the faff of putting it on. I stopped using henna because I was getting patchy results after about a year of using it. Some hair was going almost black which I didn't like.

The worst thing about henna is the commitment. It's fabulous for your hair but if you decide to stop using it then hairdressers are reluctant to dye over it due to unpredictable results. I've cropped my hair and I'm just waiting for the last bits to grow out. I have had to embrace my greys to do this!

I think if you use a colour without the indigo in it, you're less likely to get the patchy results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now