Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on this dress, please

(9 Posts)
TheWoollybacksWife Fri 06-Oct-17 19:39:21

I'm looking for a dress for my DD's graduation next month. I've got a grey coat and plan to wear opaques and black ankle boots.

I've found this dress and like it better than anything else I've seen so far, but I haven't seen it in real life and wonder will I be warm enough - the ceremony is in a very old cathedral and is at night.

I'm a short arse apple, dark brown hair, grey eyes, good legs. I suit reds (prefer berry shades), navy and black.

Can anyone either suggest an alternative or confirm that the dress pictured will be fine.

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 06-Oct-17 19:41:02

I really like it.
Red and grey is a winner.
Chuck a big blanket scarf over it if you think it will be chilly.

spinduffy Fri 06-Oct-17 19:42:52

It's lovely! As a fellow apple I have a wardrobe full of this style of dress!

ChaChaChaCh4nges Fri 06-Oct-17 19:43:13

I love that dress, and can see it would be stunning on an apple. I'm a classic hourglass and would look awful in it, so I'd dead jealous. You'll look amazing.

ploddingalong2 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:43:13

Looks fine for a graduation and I can't imagine you would find a warmer dress than one which is, essentially, a giant jumper grin

I do wonder whether it might be a bit long for you if you are very short? I'm 5ft 2 and this looks like it would be well over the knee on me which would ruin the whole look.

NC4now Fri 06-Oct-17 19:43:30

I like it too, and it'll go nicely with your coat. I second a big scarf too.

ChaChaChaCh4nges Fri 06-Oct-17 19:44:03

If it's too long, get it taken up!

tehmina23 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:50:09

I like the style & colour

TheWoollybacksWife Fri 06-Oct-17 20:07:51

Thank you everyone. I've ordered it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now