Talk

Advanced search

Beauty Product Scam

(12 Posts)
lindaf100 Fri 06-Oct-17 17:15:27

Hi

I'm wondering if any of you mums out there have been as daft as me. I was waiting for someone to collect me from home last year when I began idly messing around on my iPad.

Came across a site asking for my opinion on something and filled in my details (name/address etc) because it said I would be sent FREE anti ageing cream as a thank you. What I didn't see because the print was so tiny was that I was signing for them to send me aa cream on a regular basis at cost of £139 per month. I have so far received 1 product and when I found they were charging my MandS card for several hundred £££s I asked MandS to investigate as charge was coming from America. I emailed and told them not to send me anything else. Now I'm being chased for £360 by a collections agency. Told CA this week will not be paying, have received nothing other than 'FREE' gift and will see them in Court.

The product is anti ageing cream supposed to be 'FREE'. Anyone else been caught out this way?

FreudianSlurp Fri 06-Oct-17 18:03:28

As much as I don't like to have to read the small print, I wouldn't give my bank/CC details without doing so, and certainly not for a 'free' item. I wouldn't consider myself to have been caught out if I didn't take reasonable precautions.

lindaf100 Sun 05-Nov-17 16:33:41

AIBU to think that builders are a pain in the proverbial? I've been trying to get a downstairs toilet fitted for weeks and am now on my 5th builder who comes round, looks at the job, promises to be in touch within a few days and then never contacts me again.

In October Latest builder promised a downstairs toilet by mid Nov, said not a big job, so explained I was going in hospital overnight on 21st Nov but when I came out would be immobile for at least 2/3 weeks so access to downstairs toilet was crucial. Builder assured me there was no problem. Never came back to me with a price so tried to contact him after a week only for voice mail to inform me he was now on holiday. He's back in work tomorrow apparently so was going to ring then but just had an email from him saying due to another client wanting 'extras' he now cannot do downstairs toilet before Christmas. I'm flabbergasted as this has been going on since 23rd October. If he didn't want to do the job why not let me know and give me a fighting chance to try and get someone else in, instead two weeks have been wasted and now the chances of a downstairs toilet by 21st Nov are practically non existent. I'm BF!!!

OhPoop Tue 07-Nov-17 20:46:09

confused

Bombardier25966 Tue 07-Nov-17 20:53:15

Poop you're name seems apt given OP's latest post wink

Bombardier25966 Tue 07-Nov-17 20:53:34

* your!

PerfumeIsAMessage Tue 07-Nov-17 20:55:57

Oh.god it's mad half hour again.

Opheliasgoldenwine Tue 07-Nov-17 23:36:52

Umm

Doodlepoppop Tue 07-Nov-17 23:47:50

Not having much luck are you op

Doodlepoppop Tue 07-Nov-17 23:48:06

hmm

ComedyBoobs Wed 08-Nov-17 00:36:33

grin

myusernamewastaken Wed 08-Nov-17 08:54:11

Why in gods name would you give your card details for a supposed free item....surely alarm bells were ringing !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now