Talk

Advanced search

Bum bags

(11 Posts)
rightknockered Fri 06-Oct-17 17:12:34

Has anyone seen any very good leather ones?
I keep imagining just how useful it would be. I could wear it under my coat and not have to bother with anything else on days I only need to carry phone, keys and small purse.
So damn useful

Wellandtrulyoutnumbered Fri 06-Oct-17 17:13:17

Following with interest. Need one in summer at beach

FreudianSlurp Fri 06-Oct-17 18:07:26

I use them for day-to-day as they are so practical (I'm a wheelchair user). Small leather ones are a fiver in the market, and I've got a North Face one that's not leather but is huuuuge.

jeaux90 Fri 06-Oct-17 18:42:21

I've had two Gucci ones in ten years but the price is shock

silkpyjamasallday Sat 07-Oct-17 07:38:59

I am also on the hunt for a leather bumbag, much more practical now DD is walking as normal handbags keep swinging and nearly hitting her when I'm chasing after her. I don't know how to do the short links but these look really nice and lots of different colours available https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/531592404/fanny-pack-leather-waist-pack-perfect?gpla=1&gao=1&&utmsource=google&utmm_medium=cpc&utmcampaign=shoppingg_ukenn_gba-bagss_andpurses-fannyy_packs&utmcustom1=4ea46784-e604-45ec-aacc-9e7c5d066f9b&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqpeQ9fLd1gIV6p3tCh2ufgayEAQYAiABEgJYifDD_BwE

SesameSparkle Sat 07-Oct-17 07:47:38

I was looking at these in store, which are not leather, but I think the black still looks nice and is compact and practical.

BarchesterFlowers Sat 07-Oct-17 08:15:59

I have got an Arcteryx one, Maka, not leather but it comes in two sizes (have got both for different things). Really good quality.

Dakine make lovely patterned ones.

Patagonia also make decent ones, my old one is about 15 years old and still fine.

I love bum bags, I have never seen a leather one I like the quality enough to buy one.

Scoleah Sat 07-Oct-17 08:19:42

Couldn’t resist grin

https://m.gearbest.com/waist-packs/pp943308.html?wid=21&utmm_source=tt_de

Wellandtrulyoutnumbered Sat 07-Oct-17 11:43:30

They are calling them fanny packs. Hilarious!

FloatingCamel Sat 07-Oct-17 12:11:35

The zip on the glitter mi pac one on the John Lewis link has already broken in the photo!

Floisme Sat 07-Oct-17 12:23:01

I'll be wearing one under my coat this winter as my back is dodgy and I've had to ditch a lot of the stuff I used to carry round with me. It's quite liberating actually, striding out with both arms free. But mine is a lightweight nylon one from a local market because even a small leather bag can be heavy. Plus it's not going to be on show so I don't really care.

While I'm here, if any young people are reading, stay away from those massive tote or messenger bags unless you want a painful late middle age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now