Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

To do list for total overhaul

(7 Posts)
FiveTwoFaster Fri 06-Oct-17 14:51:18

I have let myself go - it's not a total disaster but I'm going to make a concerted effort to look better and I hope feel much better by losing weight and not ignoring my skin and hair.

I can't find any sort of "schedule" of beauty that is totally complete that if I stick to it I know I'll look considerably more glam!

Please feel free to tell me what's missing!

Daily:
Cleanse with hot flannel and face wash
Moisturise (night cream and day with SPF 15)
Body exfoliating gloves - daily
Razor for under arms - daily
Bikini line (do own when it needs it)
Make up (I wear tinted moisturiser to even my skin tone out and brow pencil)

Brow shape and lash tint - every 3 weeks

Hair mask - weekly
Face mask and face scrub weekly
Leg wax once a month
Body exfoliation - once a month?
Lymphatic drainage massage - every six weeks?)
Highlights every six weeks
Mani / pedi (do my own when needed)

Haircut - every 3 months
Teeth whitening - once a year

Anything really obvious that I'm missing?!

CountFosco Fri 06-Oct-17 14:56:05

Washing yourself regularly, plenty sleep, good diet, lots of exercise, hardly any booze and no fags or drugs would all make it onto a list before anything you'vyou've listed. I don't even know what some of the things on your list are and the only one I do is haircut (but every 6 weeks).

FiveTwoFaster Fri 06-Oct-17 15:02:36

I wash obviously! Luckily I don't really drink (I thought this would improve my skin and weight but made no difference though I feel better in myself for it) - don't smoke. I walk a lot but have a long standing knee injury that prevents stomping cardio. Could probably go back to spinning.

I'm looking for the really shallow stuff!

sortingmyselfoutslowly Fri 06-Oct-17 20:52:07

What's your wardrobe like? Have you done a clear out recently?
I never use a hairdryer or heat styling appliances eg straighteners which makes a difference to the condition of my hair.
Drink more water- instant quick fix.
Remove make up really well in the evening (Liz Earle hot Cloth cleanser fan here) and use a good night cream and eye cream.
I love Shellac for a manicure but it's not for everyone.
Exercise for good skin, muscle tone and energy.

lollipop7 Fri 06-Oct-17 20:57:34

Definitely the water. Drink more of it. If I stop that my skins shows it quickly.

Don't be afraid to experiment with colour / make up / totally different hairstyle. That's invigorating in itself.

Groomed brows that suit your face and skin tone

Don't overstimulate your hair and skin on your face and body. I wouldn't over exfoliate p, over east or contidion your hair and I also think a couple of nights a week without anything on your skin when you go to sleep is good for it.

Use a cleansing balm instead of a wash.

Walking or swimming is great exercise especially swimming if you conked your knee and some forms of yoga or Pilates.

Some good quality underwear that fits really well too.

FiveTwoFaster Fri 06-Oct-17 21:17:43

Water! That is a very good point - I definitely don't drink enough. Getting some this very minute!

My hair is the product of my laziness. I went back to my natural mouse after having being told I was a "cool summer" years ago - and have been so busy I haven't had it cut for a year (cut next week!). I wash it and put it straight up in a bun. This means I blow dry never so condition is great, it's just dull coloured, has frizz and is that weird kinky wave if dries down and naturally so even ponytails look crap and bushy. So going back to blonde for SURE. Husband emphatically agreed with the return to blonde idea.

Wardrobe is sparse - mainly as I put on 20lbs without proper concentration on my diet and have assumed highly inaccurately it would drop off the way it did in my 20s. So I kept my good quality thin clothes - my fat clothes are ok though I have resisted spending a lot on them as I want them to be temporary. My diet is going to be a health project over weight exclusively.

Swimming yes! That is a really good idea. I always think gym not swim. Thank you!

FiveTwoFaster Fri 06-Oct-17 21:19:45

Also I Rigby and Peller. Well worth the outrageous expenditure to maintain some definition between bust and waist!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: