Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Chelsea boots that flatter short legs?

(18 Posts)
upsidedown2017 Fri 06-Oct-17 11:45:12

Do any exist?! Desperately want a pair of Chelsea boots as they're such a lovely casual shoe for school run etc but having no luck finding any that look ok with my short legs!

Or an alternative style of boot that's still casual?

Maybe if it had a bit of a block heel and a looser opening?

Help! I'm in danger of wearing converse or wellies every day of my life!! confused

Bombardier25966 Fri 06-Oct-17 12:48:19

I'm a shorty and have these.

www.clarks.co.uk/c/Taylor-Shine/p/26111965

Your body shape is important too, a larger lady might look better with a more substantial shoe.

upsidedown2017 Fri 06-Oct-17 12:54:48

Do you feel they flatter? Rather than turn your legs into stumps? I'm size 8-10 but legs, particularly calves always been my downfall... even as a size 6 they always looked on the short/heavy side!

imjessie Fri 06-Oct-17 13:02:57

I’m the same size and height as you and I wear them in the winter . I have heavy legs . Superdry ones are very flat , I think that’s the key . Chunky make my legs look chunkier .

ballroompink Fri 06-Oct-17 13:54:15

I have short legs (long body as well so they can look very stumpy) and tried on the Taylor Shine ones in Clarks this morning and was pleased with how they looked! May well get some soon. Definitely worth a try.

MidLifeCrisis2017 Fri 06-Oct-17 13:59:28

20% off with voucher codes till Monday..........

upsidedown2017 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:42:29

What's the code please?

MidLifeCrisis2017 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:56:22

SHOES20

LunaTheCat Sat 07-Oct-17 05:46:36

I am short - five foot nothing - I have some London Fly which have heel so absolutely flattering. Oh - and pop over to the ankle boots and dresses thread!

upsidedown2017 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:12:20

Code doesn't work for me sad

MidLifeCrisis2017 Wed 11-Oct-17 12:21:43

Truns out that although the email from VoucherCodes said footwear, boots were excluded sad

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 11-Oct-17 13:14:33

I'm short ( and fat, but let's put that to one side for the moment...) and I think the key is to buy boots that aren't wide at the opening. You want as narrow as you can get so that there is very little visual difference where your jeans stop and Boots start.

everythingsgoingsouth Wed 11-Oct-17 20:34:25

you can get the clarks taylor shine ones fron rubbersole.co.uk with a code for 25% off- MSE117
(from moneysavingexpert.com)

upsidedown2017 Thu 12-Oct-17 07:35:12

@LadyOfTheCanyon good tip, thank you! I'll bear that in mind when looking.

Cakescakescakes Thu 12-Oct-17 10:56:32

I’m also short and have the Taylor Shine ones and love them. I also bought some non leather ones from M&S last week which were only £29.50 and come In a range of colours and are a great shape. The minky brown ones are a lovely taupe colour in real life.

dameofdilemma Thu 12-Oct-17 11:48:39

Its not just the boots, its what you wear them with.

A not too clunky, flat soled, not too high up the ankle boot works well with skinny jeans. I bought some leather ones last year from M&S after much searching. I'd pick something minimal, not lots of buckles etc.

With skirts/dresses I'd go for something with a block heel and only with hemlines couple of inches above knee or higher. Again minimalist, not a clunky/thick sole or high up the leg. I bought some grey suede ones recently from Aldo in the sale.

Its hard with short legs, even if you're thin some styles are a struggle.

Wtfdoicare Thu 12-Oct-17 13:29:52

Just got the Taylor Shine yesterday and absolutely love them. I am 5ft 2 inches at a push.

Littlelondoner Sat 14-Oct-17 11:45:43

I have some from mint velvet that have a small heel. Very flattering. They are flat but still have the round bit on heel if that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: