Talk

Advanced search

First fragrance for teenage sons?

(9 Posts)
freshlemons Fri 06-Oct-17 11:36:34

My boys are 15 and just starting to be interested in girls, going to parties etc. (They are at an all-boys school so slightly late to this).

They are both pretty hygienic, don't smell of BO, like to use anti-perspirant etc, but I think at Christmas they might like a small bottle of some kind of aftershave / scent in their stockings.

Do your sons or husbands wear a nice one, that isn't too heavy/spicy/musky or cloying? Something quite light, youthful and fresh smelling that wouldn't be out of pace on a young man?

I have a strange nose and after smelling about 2 things in John Lewis my sense of smell goes, so I would love recommendations to go to and smell specifically. Thanks. (Budget immaterial).

BertrandRussell Fri 06-Oct-17 11:40:31

My ds loves Eau de Cypre. It's expensive, though.

A girl once told him he "always smelled like a lovely pine tree" grin

GinUser Fri 06-Oct-17 13:27:51

I got my step-son CK One, he was very pleased with that.

Ollivander84 Fri 06-Oct-17 13:36:05

Hugo boss
Tommy Hilfiger
Ralph Lauren

All do pretty good scents that are light/fresh

ohanabanana Fri 06-Oct-17 16:41:22

Hollister do some nice ones.

BrendaSmith56 Fri 06-Oct-17 17:17:36

Pull and Bear do some nice ones. Probably too expensive to be a stocking filler though.

maitaimojito Fri 06-Oct-17 17:20:02

I used to buy my DB Diesel or Calvin Klein when he was in his late teens which always went down well.

CointreauVersial Fri 06-Oct-17 17:40:58

Ted Baker is another one. Boots sell it.

Ttbb Fri 06-Oct-17 17:49:24

Montblanc is amazing but I don't reccomend it if you don't want to be a young grandmother. A few of the Aqua di Parma scent as quite nice-I like the green one most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now