Talk

Advanced search

Hair dye help!

(4 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Fri 06-Oct-17 11:02:31

I use Schwarzkopf Poly Colour Tint in Natural Brown to colour my roots, it's a permanent colour. I usually apply it to the regrowth area & leave it on for 20 mins or so then apply the rest of the mix (my hair is quite thick & shoulder length so I usually need 2 bottles) and apply to the rest of my hair, massage it all over & leave for about 10 minutes. I then rinse out & condition. I absolutely love the colour & shine it leaves my hair in. The colour is a lovely neutral, natural looking brown.

However. it seems to wash out within a couple of weeks. I use a colour friendly shampoo & conditioner & probably wash my hair 2-3 times a week. I try to leave it at least 4 weeks before having to colour my hair again! I don't really want to be applying a permanent colourant every 4 weeks!

Now I have tried other dyes, but here's the thing, while I don't have any greys, my roots are very stubborn (my natural colour is like an auburn colour) I've tried nice & easy, L'Oréal, Schwarzkopf colour mask, olia, none of them actually cover my roots! Only the poly colour tint covers my roots! If I could find a semi-permanent that would cover my roots I'd gladly use it!

No doubt a hairdressers would probably be able to do it but I can't afford salon prices.

I suppose I could use the poly tint just on my root area & get a semi for my lengths - but what brand & shade would give me a neutral brown? But then again, if the poly colour tint is washing out/fading after a couple of weeks, is it indeed a permanent colour or semi? It says permanent on the box but it's cheap at £2!

LiDLrichardsPistachioSack Fri 06-Oct-17 11:05:20

Leave it on longer!

youvegottobekidding Fri 06-Oct-17 18:18:14

As simple as that?! Thanks, I'll give that a go next time, how long are we talking about though? 40 mins roots, 15/20 mins lengths?

LiDLrichardsPistachioSack Fri 06-Oct-17 19:43:21

That sounds about right. Hair with more red pigment tends to be quite resistant. Might just need a wee bit more time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now