Talk

Advanced search

Selfridges Jeans Bar

(11 Posts)
Piccolino2 Fri 06-Oct-17 09:56:56

Anyone been? Did you get your dream jeans?

I bought a fab pair of AG jeans in John Lewis yesterday but thinking I might take them back and make a trip to Selfridges to see if I can do even better. I wear jeans a lot so fancy getting a few great pairs.

I did learn yesterday to treat them well - wash on a silk wash - I had no idea. Been washing them for years on a 40 degree wash - no wonder they never last! How did I not know this?!

Piccolino2 Sun 08-Oct-17 09:38:40

Anyone?

cedoren Sun 08-Oct-17 14:43:59

I've been, I wouldn't say it's any better or worse than anywhere else that sells designer jeans. It's quite cool for school.

ZaraW Sun 08-Oct-17 19:15:40

There's a huge selection I tried several pairs and ordered through Shopbop as they are cheaper in the US and an additional 25% off in the sale.

Piccolino2 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:52:24

Thanks for the tip. I just went to the new jeans bar in John Lewis Oxford St as was there and didn't have time to get down to Selfridges. Their selection was small but I got a really nice pair of AG Farah's. I've taken them back as at £200 a pair I want to make sure they are as fabulous as I can get.

I did see Shopbob online and the AG's were half the price. So this is definitely a legit place to buy from? I'm worried if I buy online that I'll end up with a fake,

Softkitty2 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:21:47

Shopbop is authetic

Softkitty2 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:22:15

*authentic/legit

MorrisZapp Sun 08-Oct-17 20:26:10

What is a jeans bar?

Loopytiles Sun 08-Oct-17 20:29:20

£200!!

Why do they need 30 degrees?

Piccolino2 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:45:50

Thanks, great to know about Shopbob. Think I'll go to Selfridges, use some vouchers I have but then purchase online after.

I've never had a great or expensive pair of jeans but with 2 young kids it seems to be a staple now so I want to get a few amazing pairs. The AG ones fitted lovely and the denim was amazingly soft. Honestly not sure if premium denim is worth it but want to give it a try. The lady told me to wash them on a cold silk wash to preserve them and at that price I'd need to look after them. Apparently some people don't wash their jeans but just stick them in the freezer but that's a step too far for me!

Piccolino2 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:49:01

MorrisZapp the jeans (or denim bar) in Selfridges is a place where they have tons and tons of jeans, different brands and styles and staff trained and familiar with fitting them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now