Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyelashes

(18 Posts)
Downyonder Thu 05-Oct-17 23:49:11

So I’ve had semi permanent lashes on a few occasions, I always had quite thick lashes but I was taken in by the beauty of long fluttering lashes I’d seen on many Facebook posts..... so due to being impatient between infills and pulling out the semis when they became loose, I now have really shit , baldy in places, lashes. Can anyone recommend something that will stimulate new lash growth.

skippy67 Fri 06-Oct-17 09:40:10

Castor oil.

Aridane Fri 06-Oct-17 09:44:48

There is something apparently that actually works originally intended for glaucoma- am sure a poster will be able to identify

NanTheWiser Fri 06-Oct-17 15:39:05

Nanolash or Revitalash, both work really well, but take a few weeks before you notice growth. Expect to pay about £40, but cheaper than lash extensions and the like. The small bottles last for ages, but if you stop using it, lashes will return to normal length.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 06-Oct-17 15:45:50

Look at Mavala Double Lashonline - someone I know uses it and swears by it.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 06-Oct-17 15:46:36

That s/b Mavala Double Lash online.

Aridane Fri 06-Oct-17 16:07:08

Is Nanolash /Rvitalash the glaucoma related one?

allinclusive Fri 06-Oct-17 17:53:30

I use rapidlash. It's brilliant. It takes a good few weeks but I'll never go back to semi permanent lashes now as my natural lashes are long and lush enough.

Airbiscuits Fri 06-Oct-17 20:04:55

I use the glaucoma treatment. It is bimatoprost. In the US it is licensed for eyelash growth under the brand name Latisse. It works by extending the lifespan of the lash, so they grow longer.
In the U.K. It is only approved for glaucoma treatment, but you can get a prescription from www.mylash.org. It's made by Allergan.

I think it works. My eyelashes were fairly long anyway, but probably about 1mm longer with the Latisse. I'm not sure it's worth it - but some people seem to get more dramatic results.

Chocwocdoodah Fri 06-Oct-17 22:33:17

Agree with PP - Rapidlash is bloody amazing. And I’ve tried a lot of eyelash serums. Constantly being asked if I’ve got falsies on.

Bluesheep8 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:26:04

Revitalash, available from qvc. It's pricey but cheaper than extensions etc. I've been using this for at least 6 Yrs and once you've got the results, you can just maintain by using a couple of times a week. I think the story behind it is that the inventor/owner developed it for his wife when she started to lose lashes due to illness/treatment. I seriously can't recommend this enough.

Piccolino2 Sat 07-Oct-17 09:32:10

I've used bimatoprost in the past and got excellent results. When I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding I'll get it from mylash as posted above.

Downyonder Sat 07-Oct-17 13:03:28

So I’m on my lash and it only shows 1 option . £105 a bottle. Is this the one? Pricey .

Methenyouplus4 Sat 07-Oct-17 16:17:50

Following

Aridane Sat 07-Oct-17 16:49:03

Eek £105

Abijam Sat 07-Oct-17 16:56:15

Just mix 2 teaspoons castor oil,1/2 teaspoon coconut oil and 2 capsules Vitamin E oil and apply on your lashes with a cotton swab. It really works and natural.

Airbiscuits Sat 07-Oct-17 19:21:35

Yes, bimatoprost is not cheap.
One bottle lasts me about 2 months. You are meant to use a clean applicator on each eye, but I use one for both, so you get twice as much use out of them. Seeing as I'm using the same mascara wand on both eyes I figure if there were any risk of cross infection I'd be in trouble anyway. Plus I would not be using either mascara or bimatorprost if I thought I had conjunctivitis or anything anyway.

joannah323 Sun 08-Oct-17 12:32:03

I used this after years of extensions which left me with stubs. I grew maybe a quarter of an inch but my lashes were really damaged and short. I got about 3 months from my first bottle and about 4 or 5 out of the others

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now