Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Men's clothes help PLEASE!

(10 Posts)
greatBritishBogOff Thu 05-Oct-17 22:05:23

Dh wants to revamp his wardrobe but has no idea where to start, beyond Sainsbury's confused

He's 40, slightly overweight, tall! He's looking for casual wear, not work suits. What brands/shops do middle aged men use? He's not especially trendy, no interest in fashion but wants to look and feel a bit smarter. Any suggestions?

AliBingo Thu 05-Oct-17 23:31:36

Next and Fatface? Definitely not M&S, really fuddy duddy blokes' stuff.

greatBritishBogOff Fri 06-Oct-17 08:12:30

Great start, thank you!

AliBingo Fri 06-Oct-17 08:24:19

What does he wear at the moment?

PaperdollCartoon Fri 06-Oct-17 08:59:11

I like Boden stuff. DP (28 and not fuddy duddy in the least) likes their stuff. Also Zara has some nice things.

nigelsbigface Fri 06-Oct-17 12:47:16

John Lewis is your friend here- penguin, pretty green, Ted baker, Paul smith, Fred perry, Lacoste, All in one department..

Orangeplastic Fri 06-Oct-17 13:40:32

I like Jigsaw - there sales are very good. In John Lewis - JOHN LEWIS & Co, Kin, Selected Homme.
Well made boots, good fitting jeans and a properly fitting stylish coat are all worth investing in.

CountFosco Fri 06-Oct-17 16:43:58

OntheSpike did a few posts about men's capsule wardrobes which you may find useful. Uniqlo and COS are worth a look.

BambooWhoosh Fri 06-Oct-17 17:28:48

Lands End?

They do both Tall and Big & Tall ranges. Large range of trouser lengths (27-36") or you can have them left unfinished.

Chinos come in 5 different 'fits':

Straight
Slim
Traditional
Relaxed
Comfort

I never pay full price - usually wait for the sale and/or use discount codes.

greatBritishBogOff Fri 06-Oct-17 17:52:18

Thank you so much!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: