Talk

Advanced search

Men's clothes help PLEASE!

(10 Posts)
greatBritishBogOff Thu 05-Oct-17 22:05:23

Dh wants to revamp his wardrobe but has no idea where to start, beyond Sainsbury's confused

He's 40, slightly overweight, tall! He's looking for casual wear, not work suits. What brands/shops do middle aged men use? He's not especially trendy, no interest in fashion but wants to look and feel a bit smarter. Any suggestions?

AliBingo Thu 05-Oct-17 23:31:36

Next and Fatface? Definitely not M&S, really fuddy duddy blokes' stuff.

greatBritishBogOff Fri 06-Oct-17 08:12:30

Great start, thank you!

AliBingo Fri 06-Oct-17 08:24:19

What does he wear at the moment?

PaperdollCartoon Fri 06-Oct-17 08:59:11

I like Boden stuff. DP (28 and not fuddy duddy in the least) likes their stuff. Also Zara has some nice things.

nigelsbigface Fri 06-Oct-17 12:47:16

John Lewis is your friend here- penguin, pretty green, Ted baker, Paul smith, Fred perry, Lacoste, All in one department..

Orangeplastic Fri 06-Oct-17 13:40:32

I like Jigsaw - there sales are very good. In John Lewis - JOHN LEWIS & Co, Kin, Selected Homme.
Well made boots, good fitting jeans and a properly fitting stylish coat are all worth investing in.

CountFosco Fri 06-Oct-17 16:43:58

OntheSpike did a few posts about men's capsule wardrobes which you may find useful. Uniqlo and COS are worth a look.

BambooWhoosh Fri 06-Oct-17 17:28:48

Lands End?

They do both Tall and Big & Tall ranges. Large range of trouser lengths (27-36") or you can have them left unfinished.

Chinos come in 5 different 'fits':

Straight
Slim
Traditional
Relaxed
Comfort

I never pay full price - usually wait for the sale and/or use discount codes.

greatBritishBogOff Fri 06-Oct-17 17:52:18

Thank you so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now