Talk

Advanced search

Satin pleated skirt - faddy or will last the winter?

(10 Posts)
feelinginthedark Thu 05-Oct-17 20:47:20

www.whistles.com/women/clothing/skirts/satin-pleated-skirt-26127.html?dwvar_satin-pleated-skirt-26127_color=Dark%20Green#start=1

I bought this to wear to a few events coming up over the next few months. Thinking with a fine knit and black tights for daytime family events and with a black top and heels for evening dos. Just a bit worried it will date really quickly and look boring by Christmas? It was pricey (and I need some more practical clothes also at the moment which the money would be better spent on!!) - thoughts?

CountFosco Thu 05-Oct-17 22:40:29

I like pleated skirts when worn casually but not so sure about when they are worn with a nice top and heels. I'm currently thinking about getting one but not going to spend a lot because I need to tip my toe in the trend before commiting myself.

seefeld Fri 06-Oct-17 05:11:51

I saw your skirt in Whistles yesterday and it's gorgeous! Such lovely fabric and the colour is stunning, I think that sets it apart from others I've seen. I like the way it's styled on the website with the block heels and fine knit and reckon it would look great with trainers and a biker jacket during the day too. Sadly I'm too short for that style - it's more like maxi length on me - but if I wasn't I'd be tempted too.

Needalifeoverhaul Fri 06-Oct-17 05:40:06

It's gorgeous! In that colour it won't date quickly at all. Good choice!smile

feelinginthedark Fri 06-Oct-17 06:56:09

Ok I'm convinced! I'll keep it 😬

silkpyjamasallday Fri 06-Oct-17 07:02:36

Ooh that is so beautiful OP, and agree with others it will be very versatile, much more so than a frock. I love a silky skirt, am quite tempted...

ZooeyAndFranny Fri 06-Oct-17 07:12:14

I think these pleated skirts will be around for another while. They are so comfy and practical as well as stylish, I think they will go the way of opaque tights. In a good way!

VeryPunny Fri 06-Oct-17 07:27:48

I really rate them. I’ve just bought this:

www.johnlewis.com/hobbs-jade-skirt-oyster-gold/p3261985?sku=237020223&s_kwcid=2dx92700022349095177&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsNfOBRCWARIsAGITapbKfiCZxZa-nmLpBzONvwfZiXPd50XOlRS_XQDf5hTGTIVi_mIgtdgaAjbeEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Which is a metallic beige colour IRL. Planning on wearing it for Christmas do’s and with trainers/slouchy jumper etc for day wear, although the colour might not work for daytime.

VeryPunny Fri 06-Oct-17 07:28:50

Meant to say - I saw the Whistles one and it is beautiful, but the colour wasn’t me. I think M&S have some too, and Jigsaw have a lovely petrol blue one.

teta Fri 06-Oct-17 09:42:40

I have the M&S one in the khaki ( old gold colour),teal and black.They appear very similar to the Whistles one and are much cheaper.But more importantly they're a really nice shape and colour and hang beautifully.They look nothing online as the styling is so bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now