Talk

Advanced search

Winter coat for the body-shape challenged

(6 Posts)
dodi1978 Thu 05-Oct-17 20:34:16

I desperately need a new winter coat!

I am a size 18 around the waist, more of a 16 on the top. I would like a coat that covers my midriff and has a waist, but doesn't go too far down. Have quite big thighs too and it just looks awkward.
Material - not so fussed, but I am doing school drop off with a baby in a back carrier, so not too "big" - rather sporty materials preferred. Can't spend more than about 80....

Any ideas? I love this, but it is probably too tight around the middle

www.gooutdoors.co.uk/craghoppers-womens-ingrid-hooded-jacket-p420274

Tantpoke Thu 05-Oct-17 21:14:33

I pretty much have this exact coat by craghoppers, it is the perfect coat and I'm around your size, It's not too tight around the middle.
I bought mine from TK Maxx last year or the year before, who have at the moment got a great selection of winter coats in.
I do have a huge selection of coats though because I hate being too hot or too cold or too wet etc so have one for every eventuality.

dodi1978 Thu 05-Oct-17 21:20:44

Tantoke - thanks for the endorsement! I might go for it! I am just wary of ordering too much from too many different places - have just ordered £300 of coats from Debenhams, just one of them fitted, but it had hideous bells and whistles.

So I might just go for it and hope for the best :-)!

Tantpoke Thu 05-Oct-17 21:29:33

Actually I have this one and I love how you have 2 coats in one

www.gooutdoors.co.uk/craghoppers-emley-insulated-waterproof-womens-jacket-p352272?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrMCX16fa1gIVCgDTCh3AJgEvEAQYAiABEgLX9_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Tantpoke Thu 05-Oct-17 21:32:32

By 2 coats I mean that the inner fleece part zips out on my coat but I can't see where it does on this one but it looks exactly the same cut

dodi1978 Thu 05-Oct-17 21:43:58

I think that wouldn't work for me - in a long coat my middle looks hideous and I can't move properly.

I've ordered the other one now and am hoping for the best....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now