Talk

Advanced search

I need a new "masculine"; perfume

(5 Posts)
evilharpy Thu 05-Oct-17 09:14:31

I want to treat myself to a new perfume but not sure what to go for. I tend to like musky, spicy things and can't stand anything flowery or sweet, so usually end up with men's or unisex scents. My favourite is Tom Ford Moss Breches, also like Noir.

What else might I like?

thisfalseinsight Sun 08-Oct-17 08:01:27

Look for a perfume house that does a lot of unisex scents - my favourite is Tauer; most of his perfumes are unisex (although some I've tried to wear and ended up giving to DH and others I can't quite imagine on a man!). He does do a number of florals but all are gorgeous and complex and unique - check Fragrantica for more info; my favourite is Incense Rose, which is a unisex and is actually very balsamic and spicy and not floral at all. L'air du Desert Marocain is probably his most well-known and it might be one to try (it is truly gorgeous).

I think that Miller Harris also have some quite nice unisex fragrances - the Fumee collection are all lovely (although I think a bit pricey for what they are). Amouage also have some lovely ones but they're even more spendy!

I know that TF Noir is considered a very Guerlain-ish fragrance, so you might also try some of those - maybe Shalimar? It's not particularly unisex, though!

FunkinEll Sun 08-Oct-17 08:14:12

Have you tried any of the Ermenegildo Zegna fragrances? Sicilian Orange and Bergamot are my favourites but there's lots of others.

John Lewis stock them.

Mupflup Sun 08-Oct-17 08:18:11

I love Acqua di Parma, I'm never entirely sure if the original is meant to be an aftershave or a perfume but I often borrow DHs. You can get it in John Lewis.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sun 08-Oct-17 08:18:26

Lalique Encre Noire is wonderful, it must be the men's version.

Terre D'Hermes is another option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now