Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A normal jumper?

(22 Posts)
MynewnameisKy Wed 04-Oct-17 22:56:28

Can anyone recommend a jumper. Just a plain ordinary one. Not with cold shoulders or a halter neck or fluted sleeves.

Just the throw on with a pair of jeans for everyday comfy kind of use.

I really must be looking in the wrong places.

nancy75 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:59:44

I hate this winters clothes, why would anyone want a cold shoulder jumper? If I’m wearing a jumper I want to be warm & that includes my shoulders. Op, I’m sorry I can’t help but I’ll be watching this thread to get some tips!

PebblesFlintstone Wed 04-Oct-17 23:02:01

I got a nice chunky knit and a longline fine knit in Sainsburys last week. I had to look hard to find them hidden amongst the cold-shoulder and ruffled monstrosities though.

millifiori Wed 04-Oct-17 23:07:23

Uniqlo. All are jumper-shaped with proper sleeves and necklines, in loads of different colours. Not very long though. I love long jumpers, but if you're happy for them to stop at the hipbone, try them.

Last year I got some gorgeous ones in Benetton too.

FiddleFigs Wed 04-Oct-17 23:07:39

Uniqlo, Seasalt, COS - each have lovely looking sweaters in at the moment; I just can’t decide which one I want!

drinkswineoutofamug Wed 04-Oct-17 23:08:59

Bought a nice jumper yesterday from Sainsbury’s

MynewnameisKy Wed 04-Oct-17 23:36:23

Sainsburys sounds perfect. I do have a couple of nice jumpers. I really just want ordinary ones for daily use.

I wear suits to work.

BikeRunSki Wed 04-Oct-17 23:37:53

Woolovers

bingohandjob Thu 05-Oct-17 04:07:45

Uniqlo merino jumpers are great.

MynewnameisKy Thu 05-Oct-17 04:15:46

I really can't understand what size I should order from Uniqlo. If I am a size 14 -- in generous shops like next-- what size would I order?

TitaniasCloset Thu 05-Oct-17 05:09:32

Tescos has a few nice ones right now. Bought one this week.

TitaniasCloset Thu 05-Oct-17 05:10:27

This cold shoulders fashion needs to go.

BlueEyedWonder Thu 05-Oct-17 05:42:45

If you want cashmere, try M&S or Pure Clothing
Agree, Uniqlo is great for Merino. Gap also has merino but only ever wash cold (I speak from experience)
Jigsaw, Whistles and Hobbs all have some nice jumpers this season but as a higher price

Needalifeoverhaul Thu 05-Oct-17 05:47:28

Totally agree Tataniascloset Cold (cool) shoulders are fine in summer but are ridiculous at this time of year on a jumper! New Look are normally pretty good and noticed Next had some 'normal' ones when having a look around on Sunday smile

hellybellyjellybean Thu 05-Oct-17 06:14:24

Next does nice normal ones

BusySittingDown Thu 05-Oct-17 06:22:13

Matalan had some. There were a few cold shoulder ones but a couple of “normal” jumpers as well.

I think New Look had some as well.

I don’t understand the cold shoulders in a woolly jumper confused. If I’m cold enough for a jumper I want warm shoulders!

chloechloe Thu 05-Oct-17 09:23:11

I was going to suggest Uniqlo too. I received my first order yesterday after lots of recommendations on here and am impressed.

Ky I would suggest you order a couple of sizes as it really depends on what fit you want, but maybe try L and XL? The sizing on the jumpers is small. I am a 10 with DD boobs and would wear a S in vanity sized Hush. I've kept Uniqlo jumpers in M and L. There isn't a huge difference between the sizes but I like my jumpers with a bit of slouch and the L is more flattering as slightly longer in length.

FiddleFigs Thu 05-Oct-17 11:31:21

Ky I think the Uniqlo size charts are a good starting point - they give the actual garment size, so you can compare them either to your own measurements and work out whether you want something slouchier or more fitted, or compare the measurements to a sweater you already own and like the fit of. I'm quite tall so tend to order the men's merino sweaters, for the extra length.

Also, M&S men's lambswool jumpers are lovely, if you prefer a more muted colour palette.

spiderlight Thu 05-Oct-17 12:07:54

There are some nice ones at Fat Face at the moment.

crochetmonkey74 Thu 05-Oct-17 12:25:38

I had to buy one in an emergency a few weeks ago- (holiday/didn't pack anything warm/it was 5.49pm and everywhere was closing)
I got a men's one from Primark- it was £10 and a lovely bottle green colour. Really simple, crew neck solid knit but it is so soft and hangs nicely, I am going to get the other colours (navy and burgundy) too
I am a size 18 and got a medium- I could have got a small as it is so soft and stretchy, but depends how tight/long you want.

Millipedewithherfeetup Thu 05-Oct-17 17:03:02

Was also going to suggest primark.. lots of normal ones in there at the moment.

HippadoppaloppaGammeldag Thu 05-Oct-17 17:44:38

I bought this one from New Look the other day. Comes in loads of colours.

www.newlook.com/uk/womens/clothing/knitwear/deep-pink-longline-jumper/p/521936974?comp=PDP-Color-Swatch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now