Talk

Advanced search

Mascara - probably been asked a million times

(20 Posts)
Redissuereader Wed 04-Oct-17 10:41:09

What is a super duper mascara that will make my lashes look long and full? I used the have a Lancôme one but it was too wet and hard to put on because of that

PasDeDeux Wed 04-Oct-17 10:43:40

Maybelline Lash Sensational! It never fails to give me incredible long lashes that lasts all day long, no transferring above/below eye and no clumps! I love the curved shape of the wand. Benefit They're Real is also good but I prefer lash sensational and its about a third of the price.

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 04-Oct-17 10:47:04

You can never ask that question too many times on here....

Thanks to the amazing MN S&B board may I recommend my new fave?

www.wilko.com/eyes/essence-volume-stylist-18hr-lash-extension-mascara/invt/0453532

It's the only mascara that makes my piggy lashes look long and it's smudge free too. A snip at £3.

I value it more highly than my Boots No7 gold tube mascara and that's really saying something.

Redissuereader Wed 04-Oct-17 10:51:49

Thanks ladies I'm going away tomorrow so have the whole of the duty free shop to browse! I may have to pay a visit to boots instead!

Youranus Wed 04-Oct-17 10:52:08

I've been using mascara daily for 30 years. Best one I've ever used is L'Oréal Miss Hippie. Gives great volume and length with only one coat, and most importantly to me, doesn't smudge or leave dark marks under the eyes.

umizoomi Wed 04-Oct-17 11:11:31

Younique Epic is excellent

Opheliasgoldenwine Wed 04-Oct-17 11:18:11

L'Oréal Baby Doll- about £8 and amazing smile

InigoTaran Wed 04-Oct-17 12:10:58

This is my fave, check out the reviews here!

www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=177974/Roller-Lash/BeneFit-Cosmetics/Mascara

Redissuereader Thu 12-Oct-17 20:01:04

Youranus you are a legend. I tried a few of the recommendations and whilst they were good Miis Hippie is amazing!! How ami not getting smudges under my eyes! Xx

GoingRogue Thu 12-Oct-17 20:03:40

I like Maybelline Big Shot I think its called. About £7 in a goldy/yellow tube.

GoingRogue Thu 12-Oct-17 20:03:51

I like Maybelline Big Shot I think its called. About £7 in a goldy/yellow tube.

MusicToMyEars800 Thu 12-Oct-17 20:04:51

Bourjois Lash effet liner
Rimmel volume flash, I have used this for over 10 years and it never fails me.
Soap and Glory, thick and fast hd mascara ( it's a gold tube )

eyebrowseyebrows Thu 12-Oct-17 20:10:54

Dior Pump N Volume...

https://www.escentual.com/dior/diormakeup384/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy7C2w-Tr1gIV6pztCh0MRwykEAQYAiABEgL2qDD_BwE

I have tried so, so, so many and this is the best yet. Closely followed by Benefit They're Real.

blueberrygoose Thu 12-Oct-17 20:32:49

Hi, I've tried loads of mascaras over the years but L'Oréal miss manga is by far the best. It's a bit like miss hippie! X

YouWereRight Thu 12-Oct-17 20:38:14

L'Oriel Miss Hippie is ace.

I loathe all NYX mascaras. They are fully wank.

aprilcomeshewill Thu 12-Oct-17 20:47:55

Bobbi Brown smokey eyes. Despite the name I find it great for every day use: makes the lashes fuller and longer but not clumpy and never irritates my eyes.

www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/20573/27021/holiday/bestie/smokey-eye-mascara?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8PbxyOzr1gIVibgbCh14JAzjEAQYASABEgKaiPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPuFx8zs69YCFY8TGwodsikChw#/shade/Black

jeaux90 Thu 12-Oct-17 22:00:13

I always go back to yves saint laurent false effect the classic one. Love it

MidCenturyist Thu 12-Oct-17 22:02:50

Maybelline Lash Sensational in the purple tube! Best I've ever tried and lasts all day without crumbling/smudging.

MinesaPinot Thu 12-Oct-17 22:48:00

Having previously lauded Max Factor Masterpiece Max and Benefit They're Real, I have now discovered the Clinique High Impact. Lovely texture, good brush and make my lashes look longer without looking false.

Of course, being the fickle creature that I am, I'll probably have a new favourite next week.

GetYourHandsOffMyUnicorn Fri 13-Oct-17 00:12:11

Another vote for lash sensational. I don't think I will ever use another mascara now I've discovered it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now