Talk

Advanced search

Mint Velvet Parka

(16 Posts)
Grounddown17 Tue 03-Oct-17 22:06:41

After a couple of years of looking I have finally found a parka that I like and that looks good on. It's this one from Mint Velvet via Next:

http://www.next.co.uk/g211234s7#151577

It looks like it would be fairly waterproof but it seems quite thin so I'm wondering if it will be warm? Does anybody have it?

EchoJuliet Tue 03-Oct-17 23:16:11

Tried it on today in khaki. Loved it. And both thin at all - super cosy x

Grounddown17 Wed 04-Oct-17 07:13:31

I'm getting it to replace a padded coat so it seems very thin in comparison!

Snog Wed 04-Oct-17 08:58:24

I got a Khaki none from JL recently which looks v warm. It has a 2 layer effect front. I love it.

Grounddown17 Wed 04-Oct-17 10:39:44

I've just looked at the Khaki one and it's different. It looks thicker than the one I have and slightly fleecy inside?. My one is basically just a wax jacket with a thin lining.

PollyPerky Wed 04-Oct-17 14:19:35

I have it in dark grey from 3 years back.

If it has a fleece / faux sheepskin lining like mine, it's fairly warm but the outer material IS cotton so def not as warm as a wool coat.

I tend to wear mine when it's mildish and wet or damp weather. I don't wear it when it's really cold.

Grounddown17 Wed 04-Oct-17 15:43:26

No fleece lining on this one. It is really thin with no padding but it's so nice on!

PollyPerky Wed 04-Oct-17 16:23:50

you will freeze. smile

Grounddown17 Thu 05-Oct-17 13:53:07

Well I wore it this morning and got caught in a downpour. The hood is so big it wouldn't stay up so my hair got drenched. It's going back!

PollyPerky Thu 05-Oct-17 16:15:51

Eh? You are returning a coat you have worn? How does that work? confused

Gammeldragz Thu 05-Oct-17 17:56:42

Well, it's clearly faulty...

Crabbo Thu 05-Oct-17 18:05:53

How can you return it if you've already worn it? Unless they actually advertised it as waterproof... Maybe the reason you like it is because of the lack of padding, i.e a big padded parka is pretty bulky and makes you feel a bit like a big (but warm) caterpillar, so this one looks more flattering but is obviously not so warm.

Grounddown17 Thu 05-Oct-17 21:29:14

To clarify I wore it to walk to my car and back to test out whether it was warm. The heavens opened as I was walking back which is when I discovered the hood didn't stay up. So I had it on outside for all of five minutes.

PollyPerky Thu 05-Oct-17 21:33:02

FFS! You can't return something you have worn and got soaked in the rain and then pretend it's never been worn! What a nerve! So some other woman would buy the coat and think it's new when in fact you've worn it. Clothes are not sold on a try it and see then bring back basis.

I really hope they won't refund you because someone else will get a used coat.

Grounddown17 Thu 05-Oct-17 21:39:43

The coat is absoloutely fine. There's not a mark on it. I don't see that it's any different from trying it on. It's not like I wore it out all day and then returned it.

PollyPerky Thu 05-Oct-17 22:37:28

You're mad. Completely unacceptable. You did wear it outside and it got wet. Some people have no conscience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now