Talk

Advanced search

Ugly feet and sandals

(8 Posts)
IamAporcupine Tue 03-Oct-17 00:47:50

My feet are not the nicest looking, I have a massive bunion on my right foot and some of my toes/nails have a funny shape. It never really bothered m. I use bright nail varnish and I have always been ok with them.

Now, I am going away on a work trip and there will be a gala dinner. I bought a pair of strappy sandals that I really liked but I've just tried them on and it suddenly occurred to me that people might think they look awful on me.

Should I reconsider? Or carry on as usual?

LindyHemming Tue 03-Oct-17 06:16:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RavingRoo Tue 03-Oct-17 06:32:37

Fellow ugly foot too! What dress will you wear? If it’s a floor length evening gown then don’t worry. If knee or shorter then go with high heeled peep toe ankle boots

smeerf Tue 03-Oct-17 06:41:21

Wear the sandals! No one will notice slightly odd feet, everyone thinks their own feet look a bit weird anyway.

I usually get a pedicure once a year before sandal season just to boost my confidence a bit, sort out the dry skin etc. Might be an idea?

StepAwayFromCake Tue 03-Oct-17 06:49:17

If anyone has a problem with your feet, well that's their problem not yours.

Your feet do a good job for you, and maybe they show the signs of their hard work. Nothing to be ashamed of. If you like the sandals, wear them. Treat yourself and your feet to a pedicure. Glam them up with beautiful nail varnish.

IamAporcupine Tue 03-Oct-17 09:46:22

thanks everyone!
RavingRoo the dress is knee length....
No time for a pedicure unfortunately, but I think I will were them anyway!

IamAporcupine Sun 08-Oct-17 22:06:08

Just to update - I wore the sandals and felt great! of course nobody noticed smile

Ohyesiam Sun 08-Oct-17 22:36:10

Op, I like you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now