Advanced search

Help me find a dress!

(18 Posts)
absolutehush Sat 30-Sep-17 23:18:36

I bought the wrong wedding dress and hate all my wedding photos as a result. My DH and I have agreed that for our next wedding anniversary we will go away, get dressed up, have dinner etc etc... and get a few photos as well.

I cannot find anything! I'm 30, size 12, small waist/big boobs and 5'6 with ok legs but if it's too short I will want to wear dark tights.

I know I want to make the most of my boobs but need a bra/stick on thingys. Definitely not a white/pale dress, no frills/ruffles, prefer plain to pattern.. normal style is warehouse, whistles, and other stories. Budget £500.

Please help!

imsorryiasked Sun 01-Oct-17 08:22:40

What style was your wedding dress?
Have you liked at Lindy bop? They have some lovely occasion dresses which flatter larger boobs.

RandomUsernameHere Sun 01-Oct-17 08:29:46

Reiss have some nice dresses at the moment.

absolutehush Sun 01-Oct-17 14:40:45

I find lindy bop a bit.. busy? I like the styles but generally am a bit plainer. Actually the style of my wedding dress was very similar to that look - nipped in waist, full skirt. I just didn't feel amazing in it!

Will look at reiss now.

FauxFox Sun 01-Oct-17 14:57:33

the pretty dress company have lots of classic shapes in loads of colours - this red one is my fav...

absolutehush Sun 01-Oct-17 15:28:02

Ahhhhh the pretty dress company has loads of options! Am currently considering the Thea, Hepburn and Fatale!

Ps I'm having trouble posting so sorry if this has benn posted 100000x times

MagicFajita Sun 01-Oct-17 15:30:12

Have a look at dig for victory , they are a boutique and have a made to measure option.

CaseStudyResearch Sun 01-Oct-17 15:32:43

You're the same size and shape as me. Phase Eight is absolutely ideal for our shape, but you need to be careful on the patterns etc as it can look frumpy.

The red Tia jumpsuit looks absolutely unreal on an hourglass. Alternatively something like this would really highlight your waist.

calamityjam Sun 01-Oct-17 15:35:40

Just posted but my post vanished. Look at Chi Chi of London. Lovely dresses

absolutehush Sun 01-Oct-17 15:56:20

I'd had a look at phase 8 but felt a bit uninspired as I'm naturally quite conservative in length/style so could end up dressing older than I am. Plus I get stuff from work from there so didn't feel that special, if that makes sense?

I'm off to loo at chi chi London and dig for victory now!

absolutehush Sat 07-Oct-17 20:28:20

Ok, so the pretty dress company dresses came and ... they don't fit. I've got too short a torso and am just generally too short! WAAAAAA

BubblesBuddy Sat 07-Oct-17 20:55:31

I would recommend Self Portrait (their sizes are a bit small) or Needle and Thread. Classy dresses and not prom style if that helps!

Biscuitsbathroom Sat 07-Oct-17 22:20:57

I was so disappointed with The Pretty Dress company when I ordered from the. The dress was far too long on me and they're refund policy is six weeks! Even then, they were well over due processing mine.

Some lovely dresses, but never again.

Peppermeant Sat 07-Oct-17 23:39:50

Yes pdc is interesting isnt it? Gorgeous fabrics & mostly well made but terrible customer service

Peppermeant Sat 07-Oct-17 23:40:54

Have u looked at jigsaw OP?

OlennasWimple Sun 08-Oct-17 05:13:21

Ted Baker can have some surprisingly lovely things in as well

OlennasWimple Sun 08-Oct-17 05:21:53

This would really show off your waist

Little black dress that you would get loads of wear from afterwards (and would take some amazing accessories)

Would show off your boobs and waist though you will prob need to get it shortened (shoudl be straightforward)

Beautiful if you want a proper "gown"

Another gown

Goat dresses are amazing

Desperad0 Sun 08-Oct-17 08:21:22

Have you looked in karen millen? They always have plenty of plainish but gorgeous shaped shift styles
If ordering online though if you haven't bought before you might want to size up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now