Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

My Philips Lumea has arrived!!

(34 Posts)
sortingmyselfoutslowly Fri 29-Sep-17 14:57:33

Very excited and hope it works!!

That is all.

mowglik Fri 29-Sep-17 15:16:02

Oo.. love my lumea haven't used it in almost 2 years due to pregnancy and bf but legs are still (90%) hair free <strokes legs> grin

Good luck with it!

sortingmyselfoutslowly Sat 30-Sep-17 23:06:44

That's a good review! It's still in the box but I'm doing the first treatment tomorrow as I'll finally have time 😊

sortingmyselfoutslowly Sun 01-Oct-17 19:52:59

Did first treatment today. All areas took about 40 mins. How long before I notice a difference in regrowth?

Ladybirdbookworm Mon 02-Oct-17 00:56:24

I noticed straightaway that I didn't need to shave my underarm twice a day and after the second session I was amazed
I need a top up at the moment but after 4 sessions approx 2-3 weeks apart the regrowth is really really slow and much finer
I went on holiday and didn't need to shave my underarm once in a week
Ooh and you also don't get that purple shadow under your arms that I hate
I love mine - but must admit that my face isn't as hair free yet as if like

PigWhisperer Mon 02-Oct-17 09:40:51

Check your instructions about charging the battery regularly. Im gutted because mine has been in a box for ages, am sure it won't charge now.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2780193-warning-all-philips-lumea-users-you-need-to-know-this

Sheezus Mon 02-Oct-17 09:53:58

Can I ask which one you bought Sorting, I have been looking at them myself. So sick of hair!

LemonBreeland Mon 02-Oct-17 09:56:48

I bought one in April and absolutely love it. Used to shave under arms and legs daily. Now I do it no more than every two weeks, often less.

It has given me so much confidence. I'm going on a beach holiday next week and I will make it so much easier not having to shave everywhere daily.

blibblibs Mon 02-Oct-17 09:57:39

Thank you, these threads always remind me to go and charge mine up smile

SpringBreak Mon 02-Oct-17 10:03:48

thank you for that charging warning.
I am waiting for Amazon to bring mine in the next 56 minutes - they are a whopping TWO WEEKS late delivering because the courier lost the parcel and they didn't bother telling me / sorting it.

LemonBreeland Mon 02-Oct-17 10:11:51

I got one that is not cordless to avoid the charging issues, as I had read about it.

BumWad Mon 02-Oct-17 12:34:12

I love mine

Have concentrated on my face will start my legs next year

Lottapianos Mon 02-Oct-17 21:26:23

I've done three treatments with mine and haven't noticed a huge difference so far. The fourth treatment seems to be the charm though so will wait and see

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Mon 02-Oct-17 21:29:46

Bloody love mine. Bought a discounted one in the Boots sale / double points thing last year but it packed up after 6 months. For the first time in my life I had registered it for the warranty with Philips and kept the original receipt in the box.

Contacted Philips, they sent a free post address label by email, I posted it back to them. They sent me a much fancier model in return and it's awesome!

So good for my face, only plucking once a fortnight installing of daily. Must sort my legs at some point, but I'm lazy!

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Mon 02-Oct-17 21:31:23

Can I ask how long you have to leave the hair to grow, before you can use the Lumea?

Ladybirdbookworm Tue 03-Oct-17 00:50:32

You don't have to let the hair grow- you shave before you do it

Ladybirdbookworm Tue 03-Oct-17 00:53:01

I bought mine after someone on this site recommended it - I was the hairiest woman alive- it's fabulous
Worth every penny

ferrier Tue 03-Oct-17 00:58:43

Is any particular model recommended?

SpringBreak Tue 03-Oct-17 08:58:03

I just bought the new Prestige which is cordless (i think that means nonne of these charging issues?) and has four different heads for different areas. It's £374 on Amazon and over £500 in Boots, hence put up with the two week delivery delay nonsense. I bought it after commenting on a friend's armpits (!) - she has entirely smooth / no black dots and she's italian but pale so normally quite noticeable. She raved about it, then I mentioned it to another friend who said she has one and really rates it. The reviews on the sites are all from Phillips and therefore controlled raves, but those were at least two genuine recommendations! If you think of it as essentially the cost of one or two salon laser appointments, then it's a no brainer to just try it at least.

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Tue 03-Oct-17 09:01:39

Oh thank Lady. That's fab that you don't need to let it grow.

I'm perimenopausal and after never ever, having issues with facial hair, I'm now needed to remove a smallish moustache grin.
This sounds great!

LemonBreeland Tue 03-Oct-17 13:49:57

I love it because you don't have to let the hair grow. I was always put off waxing partly because of the pain and partly because of the need to let the hair grow.

cheesypastatonight Tue 03-Oct-17 20:54:27

Does it hurt?

CoolCarrie Tue 03-Oct-17 21:01:35

No it doesn't really hurt, but the flash is bright, and you do need to hold it at a certain angle so it is flush to the skin, so you need to practice and take your time with it. It works on the root, hence you shave before using it. Get one with facial attachment as the body one is a bit wide.read the leaflet first and go for it. I used mine last night while everyone was out .

Madbengalmum Tue 03-Oct-17 21:02:45

Is it any good for bikini line etc?

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 03-Oct-17 21:03:57

Yes to bikini. Any dark hair. No good for blonde hair..

It can sting if you haven't shaved or plucked the hair enough. But only for a split second.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: