Talk

Advanced search

Oilatum Intensive Shampoo

(24 Posts)
MrsKnightley Thu 28-Sep-17 22:08:46

Help!!!

Oilatum Intensive Shampoo (bottle with green on marked Intensive) has been discontinued by GSK. It is the only thing that keeps my shoulders from drifts of dry skin (yuck). I have tried everywhere. It is on the Superdrug website but twice they have sent me the ordinary Shampoo. (Other photo). And now admit they don't have any. An eBay seller has just done the same. I can't get it anywhere. On several online pharmacies I have loaded up my cart only to have the order cancelled. Websites still seem to show it but I can't actually get any.

Surely, somewhere there must be some. I want a small stockpile (should I head over to the preppers section?) so I can experiment to find a replacement. GSK were very nice on e-mail when I wore but have discontinued it "for marketing reasons". There must be a dusty cupboard somewhere with a few bottles.

Is it sold abroad? Does anyone know?

I know it is not really stylish but without it I am even further from beautiful than usual. Thanks

MrsKnightley Fri 29-Sep-17 17:31:37

Hopeful bump.

BulletFox Fri 29-Sep-17 17:51:39

One on ebay but it's 20 quid!

MrsKnightley Fri 29-Sep-17 18:45:21

Bought that one! It arrived. Wrong one (picture is correct, product they have is wrong). It is on its way back. Thanks, though.

BulletFox Fri 29-Sep-17 19:14:04

Oh no, you're really not having a lot of luck. Might be time to look into dupes...?

NeverNic Fri 29-Sep-17 23:02:25

helloskinshop.co.uk/products/oilatum-scalp-intensive-anti-dandruff-shampoo-150ml

Can't vouch for the website personally, but they sell both types so hopefully you'd get the right one.

Pinkkahori Fri 29-Sep-17 23:07:09

My dd had an extremely dry scalp for years. Eucerin shampoo was the thing that finally sorted it after trying many different products. It was the calming urea one she used.

dangerrabbit Fri 29-Sep-17 23:49:49

What about the baby version for cradle cap?

midgetjen Sat 30-Sep-17 00:02:22

Have you tried Superdrug online? It says in stock there but didn't know if this was one you had tried and been sent wrongly

midgetjen Sat 30-Sep-17 00:03:51

Just 're read post and seen you tried there. I'm sure that's where my mum got hers from a few weeks ago tho - very odd. Will ask her to check

HaHaHmm Sat 30-Sep-17 09:50:15

Seconding the recommendation for Eucerin dermocapillaire.

Pinkkahori Sat 30-Sep-17 10:33:17

Yes, that's the one HaHa.
It was excellent for dd. She has eczema and her skin is very dry. He scalp was so bad that we were referred to a dermatologist. The appointment took so long to come through that I started trying lots of different shampoos. Once we started using the Eucerin her scalp cleared up in a matter of weeks and we didn't need to see the dermatologist.

imnottoofussed Sat 30-Sep-17 10:39:45

Maybe email the manufacture directly see if they can help

MrsKnightley Sat 30-Sep-17 13:54:31

Have already e-mailed the manufacturer (GSK) and it has, very recently, been discontinued. The helloskinshop is a good call. Will try there.

MrsKnightley Sat 30-Sep-17 14:17:54

Helloskinshop is sold out once you try to order.

Am looking into other brands but this one works so well for me and, with eczema, the skin is a bit of a balancing act.

HelsBels108 Fri 05-Jan-18 19:24:06

@MrsKnightley - sorry I'm late to this thread. Did you find an alternative to Oilatum Intensive shampoo? I too rely on this product when mine flares up & have only just discovered this product has been discontinued. I found a few recommended brands on the link below, but there are so many to chose from... can you help?
www.dandruffdeconstructed.com/seborrheic-dermatitis/

MrsKnightley Sat 06-Jan-18 13:49:13

I am currently using a small stash. The website dandruff matters recommended a very strong version of T gel which I have. I alternate between intensive and normal oliatum. I also use La Roche Posay too. Basically, I eke out my supply with other stuff. Eucerin is OK too. Nothing is as good, sadly.

Try e-mailing the manufacturer. I did but extra pressure might change their minds.

MrsKnightley Sat 06-Jan-18 13:56:21

I also use a conditioner with tea tree oil in it, which helps. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree.

Had a look at that website. Niziral is very harsh and I have eczema so worry about dry skin elsewhere. The TGel one on there I have but it is very strong.

Washing hair less often has helped me. I now do every other day.

youarenotkiddingme Sat 06-Jan-18 13:59:41

I tried the junior oilatum shampoo in desperation for ds because couldn't get hold of this (although thought it was because it was Christmas!)

So far so good with regards the results!

I also use cetreban on his and rub it into his scalp and leave it for a bit before washing:

MrsKnightley Sat 06-Jan-18 14:13:13

Please, please e-mail the manufacturer!!! A few e-mails might just change their minds.

vicvan123 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:21:46

Hi there, are you still looking for the Oilatum shampoo? If so, I have a few bottles of the sensitive

vicvan123 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:24:32

It's not the 'intensive' bottle but if these are any good to you let me know. My Son used to use this last year when his eczema was quite bad

vicvan123 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:26:11

I have 6 bottles in total if anyone is looking to buy, my son no longer uses it xx

youarenotkiddingme Wed 07-Feb-18 20:51:30

Ds now has one prescribed by Gp as his excess go so bad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now