Talk

Advanced search

So I have booked in to have lip filler :terrified:

(142 Posts)
Hazysummerevenings Thu 28-Sep-17 09:06:58

Arghh, getting a small amount of Juvaderm in my top lip on the 9th October to even up my lips as my bottom lip is quite a lot bigger than the top.

Only problem is I'm a compete wuss with pain and hate needles (think cry when I have to have a blood test!)

Anyone here had them? Do they really hurt?

kaytee87 Thu 28-Sep-17 09:32:55

Don't do it. I know 3 people who have had it done and their lips look terrible.

BeachballBelly Thu 28-Sep-17 09:36:37

I've had mine done before, and I'm the same as you, really can't handle pain.

I found it okay (you should be numbed) and the only really painful part was in the middle of the top lip. It's all over and done with really quickly but be prepared for a few days of bruising and swelling afterwards! smile

thethoughtfox Thu 28-Sep-17 09:42:45

Just remember that the bottom lip is supposed to be bigger. They shouldn't look the same. My sister got it and it doesn't look better or more attractive; she just looks like her lips stick out more and they feel weird to the touch.

brapbrap Thu 28-Sep-17 09:48:35

Don't do it. No one ever looks better with lip filler - you just look like you've had lip filler

Girlboymummy Thu 28-Sep-17 09:54:32

I had a thread not too long ago, I had them done and love them! I didn't really feel any pain after the numbing cream and I will definitely be having them done again.

CremeDeSudo Thu 28-Sep-17 10:03:25

I had 1ml in Nov last year and another ml in Feb as I felt my bottom lip needed to be a bit bigger compared the the top one. Absolutely loved it. I've just got to the point where I'm needing to think about having it redone.

The first time I went I was really really nervous. I had deadening injections (which are comparable to injections at the dentist) but needed numbing cream in addition on one side (because I have weird nerves apparently). Honestly, it was fine. The second time was better still as we knew about the nerve thing in advance!

Bit swollen afterwards, but I loved them straight away. Didn't have much bruising the first time, bit more the second time - I kept seeing people giving me funny looks! confused

I don't like it when people have that weird sticky out lip (like Olivia on Love Island) but I certainly didn't. Will def be going back! x

Hazysummerevenings Thu 28-Sep-17 10:48:53

Olivia on love island is my idea of hell. If I end up looking like her I'll be going back to get them to dissolve it straight away!

In fairness, I don't know anyone IRL who's had them done, so it is difficult to judge, however I've seen pictures from the clinic im having them done at and also other clinics where they've looked really natural and that's what I want, I'll try and display some of the images

kaytee87 Thu 28-Sep-17 10:50:56

The pictures are airbrushed. It looks terrible in real life

Hazysummerevenings Thu 28-Sep-17 10:51:33

These I think look lovely and natural, just a slight enhancement

kaytee87 Thu 28-Sep-17 10:52:56

I don't think they look better at all.
Lip liner and lipgloss would look better on her natural lips.

Hazysummerevenings Thu 28-Sep-17 10:54:13

Yes but it's a pain and a faff to do every day isn't it. And lip liner I don't think does, it's just as obvious as a bit of filler IMO

kaytee87 Thu 28-Sep-17 10:55:33

Are you going to a medical practitioner to get it done at least? So many people go to beauticians who shouldn't be doing it

HellonHeels Thu 28-Sep-17 10:56:36

Just don't do it! Is it really worth having substances injected into your lips for a "slight enhancement"?

Hazysummerevenings Thu 28-Sep-17 10:56:42

No, I'm going to a qualified medical practitioner who practises private and NHS I believe.

Paintbox Thu 28-Sep-17 10:57:03

I also know someone who had it done and it looks really unnatural and weird. She thinks it looks nice and subtle though.

Newtssuitcase Thu 28-Sep-17 10:57:04

I've had it. It doesn't hurt. They will put cream on first to numb the area. You will look like a complete idiot who has been punched in the mouth for about 48-72 hours afterwards.

I have 0.5ml to even up my top lip which was completely lopsided. Nobody I tell says they would ever have known that I've had it done.

Some of the people in the waiting room though look bizarre though with massively pumped up lips.

HellonHeels Thu 28-Sep-17 10:57:34

Slapping on a bit of lippy is not really a faff is it?

Paintbox Thu 28-Sep-17 10:57:42

And of course it is her opinion that counts for her! She is so pretty though, her lips were fine before

Botanicbaby Thu 28-Sep-17 10:58:07

Agree with most others please don't do it, it looks awful and unnatural and changes the look of people's faces so they don't look like them anymore.

My local salon does this and oats before & after on their FB page I have to sit on my hands not to type nooooooo you looked better before.

A good gloss can plump up your lips and having upper and bottom lips the same size makes you look like a bloated cartoon Disney fish. Save your money and buy some fab cosmetics instead!

MadisonMontgomery Thu 28-Sep-17 10:58:41

I know this probably sounds stupid but what if you had it done all the time - would your lips get stretched?

Hazysummerevenings Thu 28-Sep-17 11:01:38

I don't want my bottom and top lip the same size. My bottom lip is significantly bigger then my top, so just a small amount in the top would still allow it to be smaller

AntagonyAunt Thu 28-Sep-17 11:03:56

Why don't you have a look at some youtube reviews. See how the lips move, rather than just still images. Search for lip filler pros and cons videos.

CremeDeSudo Thu 28-Sep-17 11:04:22

Madison I intend to ask this next time I go. OP could you see what yours says?

Personally I always felt that lipstick/liner/gloss looked stupid on me as I have no lips naturally. So I didn't bother.

I'll see if I can find a pic..

Hazysummerevenings Thu 28-Sep-17 11:06:53

Would anyone who's had them done be able to PM me a pic of their before and after?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now