Talk

Advanced search

Quick one about hair bands that look like plastic coil thingies...

(51 Posts)
SukiTheDog Thu 28-Sep-17 08:01:37

Are they any good? Does your hair keep coming out of it? I’ve got shoulder length hair and use Boots elastic bands atm. Always get that ridge halfway down my hair when I let it down.

Anyone?

SukiTheDog Thu 28-Sep-17 08:02:53

These...or similar

Winteriscomingneedmorewood Thu 28-Sep-17 08:04:57

Love them!!

sparklymarion Thu 28-Sep-17 08:12:31

There ok but do snap easy with thick hair x

Winteriscomingneedmorewood Thu 28-Sep-17 08:13:18

My dd has very thick hair and never snapped one!!

yaela123 Thu 28-Sep-17 08:14:43

They are the best type for my thick curly hair

highinthesky Thu 28-Sep-17 08:14:53

Never seen them before! Are they sold in Poundland?

The metallic spiral Bobby pins are brilliant - one does indeed do the job of 20 Kirby grips.

leighdinglady Thu 28-Sep-17 08:17:06

They're meant to stop you getting that kink in your hair when you take it out. I don't think they're any more secure than normal bands

gamerpigeon Thu 28-Sep-17 08:24:13

I have fine hair and they are ok but not great, they fall out just like any other bobble

WaitrosePigeon Thu 28-Sep-17 08:25:30

They put a kink in mine confused

KatharinaRosalie Thu 28-Sep-17 08:30:42

I have fine hair and love them, normal bands would always slip off.

SandBlue Thu 28-Sep-17 08:34:28

Mine aren't strong enough to hold my hair in a high pony gain, but are fine for one at the nape of my neck. There us still a link, but much less noticeable than with a standard bobble.

TheFairyCaravan Thu 28-Sep-17 08:40:02

I took them on holiday and they stretched in the heat and fell out. I was glad I had normal bobbles.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Thu 28-Sep-17 08:42:25

They're ok for a loose "get my hair off my face" scruffy loop but I don't find they have much hold and they always get tangled on me.

tabulahrasa Thu 28-Sep-17 08:45:07

They slip easier than normal ones and I can't see them being great for wearing your hair up all day... they're great for throwing my hair up for a gym class without mucking up my curl pattern though.

lalaloopyhead Thu 28-Sep-17 08:51:08

I have a shortish bob and these work great for putting my hair into space buns for a dance class, where normal bobbles wouldn't work. Having said that they don't look particularly need and I have some spectacular kinking when I take them out!

I just buy the cheap Primark ones and they do stretch out of shape quite quickly. I bought some more expensive ones from my hairdresser a couple of years ago for my DC and they lasted and lasted.

Kintan Thu 28-Sep-17 08:55:26

I get a kink when wearing them, also they get tangled up in my hair when I'm taking them out sometimes. A friend recommend them to avoid those two issues - I guess they just aren't designed for fine hair!

MinesaPinot Thu 28-Sep-17 09:37:32

I've worn them - I got some in Boots and also in H & M. I've got a lot of hair, but it's quite fine.

I found they tangled in my hair more than normal, and they didn't hold any better. And the H & M ones stretched. I'll stick to normal bands that I buy in Primark or Poundland. Loads for very little £.

Paintbox Thu 28-Sep-17 10:04:14

I just don't get these, they look like a child's hairband, not something that a grown up would wear. That said, it's just my opinion and I see a lot of women in them

SummerRoberts Thu 28-Sep-17 10:06:35

I really like them. Only a bit more than normal bobbles as I don't see much difference other than they're clear so you don't see a bobble in my blonde hair.
They sell a pack of about 10 in primark for £1 though, I wouldn't pay more than that.

YouWereRight Thu 28-Sep-17 10:08:31

I have some covered ones from matalan. They're much more secure than the plain plastic ones.

iseenodust Thu 28-Sep-17 10:10:40

Got fine hair and they don't slip down. Agree with blonde hair they are not so visible.

Tryingtokeepfit Thu 28-Sep-17 10:23:17

They are fab. I have thick, heavy hair and normal hair elastics feel uncomfortable and pull at my hair. The coil ones don't, and they don't leave a link either.

SukiTheDog Thu 28-Sep-17 10:36:13

Got soft soft baby hair so, might try the covered ones.

Thanks all!

Doobigetta Thu 28-Sep-17 10:39:13

It sounds as though they work better on thick than fine hair. Mine is very long and thick and I love them- they hold it securely without pulling or making kinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now