Talk

Advanced search

Turning 40, need an outfit for my party

(11 Posts)
olivesnutsandcheese Mon 25-Sep-17 18:48:28

I'm a SAHM which isn't really relevant except that I don't go out out much and have no idea what's in at the moment.
DH has organised a surprise party for my 40th next month, which is lovely except I hate surprises. Anyway I now know about it (thank f*ck) so at least I have a bit of time to find something to wear.
I'd like a dress and maybe leather jacket ideally, I'm a size 12 or 10 with big boobs and 5'8. I guess I'd like to wear something really nice and flattering. I don't even know who is coming but probably a mixture of mums from school and older uni mates. The venue is somewhere in London.
Help please!!

Blondielongie Mon 25-Sep-17 19:46:13

Ooh not sure what to suggest, maybe oasis for something?

I just want to know how you found out about the suprise smile

Blondielongie Mon 25-Sep-17 19:47:34

If you were going to wear trousers, there's a nice cotton twil pair of black cigarette trousers in next that are really nice on. £32ish. They don't look like much on the website, but lovely on. Maybe with a nice top/heels?

couchtospecialk Mon 25-Sep-17 19:50:52

Ooo I'm all over this thread... This... www.bombshellhq.com/ I can't tell you how flattering and comfortable the dresses are. I feel like a goddess in them and have now bought 7 blush If you're in London you can go to her studio in Muswell Hill and try them on... she's a treat of a person too.

Good luck with your search!

Blondielongie Mon 25-Sep-17 19:54:36

Wow. Those dresses are amazing!!

couchtospecialk Mon 25-Sep-17 20:23:38

blondielongie they really are. Very easy to wear, you don't feel hemmed in whatsoever or need to wear any ridiculous spanx and they smooth you out... Good for dancing in too grin

A1Sharon Mon 25-Sep-17 20:56:46

Baukjen have some things that would look good with a leather jacket?
Or VW Anglomania?

A1Sharon Mon 25-Sep-17 20:58:48

This?

A1Sharon Mon 25-Sep-17 20:59:51

This?

olivesnutsandcheese Mon 25-Sep-17 22:25:36

I love that red dress and pretty much everything from bombshell. Thank you thank you - lots of inspiration. I really like that the dresses are a bit longer too

couchtospecialk Mon 25-Sep-17 22:40:45

Ooo olives let me know if you get one! I have my eye on the (long?) red one too. The stretch luxe dresses are lovely (I have 2) and ridiculously cheap at the minute in the sale. Oh and I find these dresses quite generously cut so am a size smaller than I normally am in shops.

Ha! I'm really not on commission! Just a mega fan...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now