Talk

Advanced search

Fine knit black jumpers

(14 Posts)
PepeLePew Mon 25-Sep-17 08:39:03

I'm after a v fine knit black jumper, or several. Ideally quite slouchy and with long sleeves. If it comes in grey too that would be great. I see lots online but it's hard to know if they are actually thin - I bought a "thin knit" last year that was anything but. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Within reason, budget isn't a constraint (looking at you, Guardian fashion photo story with your £800 polo neck work wear suggestions!).

chloechloe Mon 25-Sep-17 09:43:36

Hush! The fine knit Katie crew. Comes in black and grey. I love my grey one and am tempted to go for the black too. Haven't washed it yet though so not sure about bobbling but as it's very fine it should be ok if washed carefully.

Will go and look for a link.

chloechloe Mon 25-Sep-17 09:45:13

Here it is:

www.hush-uk.com/m/womenswear/daywear/jumpers_cardis/fine_katie_crew_jumper_mid_grey_marl.htm

I'm afraid I've mislead you as there's no black version in the current collection.

MaisieDotes Mon 25-Sep-17 09:57:32

Uniqlo or Gap? The merino ones in a larger size.

PepeLePew Mon 25-Sep-17 13:43:01

That Hush one is perfect - grey, but that is the sort of thing I was after. GAP wasn't great when I looked but I should go back to Uniqlo. I think they were all a bit heavy for what I wanted but I do like their clothes so worth another look.

TarquinsMama Mon 25-Sep-17 14:05:10

I got a couple like that from H&M last year, and they've lasted really well, nowhere near as expensive as Hush either grin

guilty100 Mon 25-Sep-17 14:21:22

John Smedley!

KatherinaMinola Mon 25-Sep-17 14:35:36

Uniqlo do a very fine knit merino - in men's sizes too. Various styles.

fivefour3twoone Mon 25-Sep-17 15:12:04

I've just bought a very thin fine merino knit from banana republic, yet to try it on but could be worth a look...

StillSmallVoice Mon 25-Sep-17 16:36:05

Have a look at Woolovers. A lot of their stuff is frumpy but they do nice machine washable jumpers which are 90% merino and 10% cashmere. The prices are reasonable and they don't bobble.

fiorentina Mon 25-Sep-17 21:04:08

Uniqlo always good. I recommend them.

Littlelondoner Fri 29-Sep-17 21:46:38

I got a super thin one from la redoute.

StillSmallVoice Sun 29-Oct-17 21:21:40

Take back my Woolovers recommendation. The new ones with a bit of cashmere are bobbling and also shrinking a bit.

Branleuse Sun 29-Oct-17 21:26:39

oh oh, i got a really fab one fom EMP recently that I LOVE

www.emp.co.uk/p/ladies-fine-knit-oversize-v-neck-sweater/344086.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now