Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hand cream at night - my hands are transformed!

(9 Posts)
u32ng Mon 25-Sep-17 07:50:21

Been meaning to post about this for weeks: so I've battling for AGES with really dry hands (they looked like hens feet to be frank) that would also crack occasionally at the sides of my fingers.

Anyway, I started putting Aveeno cream on at night (the cream and green pump bottle) and the result is nothing short of transformative!!! Big improvement after one night and by the 2nd/3rd night I had normal hands again yay!

I'm so amazed as I have used a massive assortment of hand creams before: neutrogena, o'keefe's, Molton brown, clinique, an olive one from Spain, and even aveeno itself, but it seems putting it on at night is making the difference.

Maybe any hand cream would do the same? But this is what I'm using and it's worked for me. I'm at the point now that I can get away with a night or two of forgetting and my hands are ok. Been too scared chance leaving it on any longer than that haha.

dudsville Mon 25-Sep-17 07:59:21

I keep a tube of kiehl's ultimate strength hand salve and a tube of carmex on my bedside table. Both applied before bed. Keeps me from drying out overnight!

Newmum102 Mon 25-Sep-17 08:02:07

I’ve always wondered about putting it on at night and wondering if it makes much difference. I’ve been battling dry hands since having my LO so will give this a bash this evening, see if it helps.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Mon 25-Sep-17 08:02:54

I use it last thing at night.

I put some on the back of my hand and then read until so when I get sleepy I just put by book aside and only have to massage the cream on.

BusterGonad Mon 25-Sep-17 08:03:09

I love using hand cream at night, I also occasionally put it on my feet too. I also have a cuticle oil but that is rarely used as I forget to use it!

PurplePillowCase Mon 25-Sep-17 08:06:15

I 'double cream' at night.
put on a light moisturiser (like a light body lotion), let it sink in. then on top of that some oilier stuff (nivea blue pot).

KoolKoala07 Mon 25-Sep-17 08:11:17

Night time is the best time for all products.
Skin cell regeneration is faster, the products have time to absorb as opposed to applying cream and then having to wash hands, skin temperature is higher which aids better absorption.
Love aveeno, worked far better on my eczema than any of the prescription creams I bought.

Auldspinster Mon 25-Sep-17 08:38:21

I keep scratching myself in my sleep so i should fashion some scratch mitts out of old socks and plop on the hand cream while i'm at it.

horriblehistorieswench Mon 25-Sep-17 11:01:55

Thanks for reminding me OP. Used to do this when I worked in baby room at nursery, washing hands about 40-50 times a day so there was really no point (or time!) to put hand cream on after. One of my colleagues told me her top tip to keep hands nice was to put cream on at bedtime

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now